Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Face unlock

I used to think face unlock was a gimmick but I just set it up and its almost instantaneous. As soon as my face is in view of the camera my phone is unlocked. Anyone else use it?

Global Posts
    8,895 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Face unlock

I tried it out a few times, but I didn't like it because the screen's brightness would always get switched to manual, and I'd have to change it back. Does yours do that?
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Global Posts
    950 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Does yours do that?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

No stays on auto
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Although I might just stick with pattern. Its cool but I unlock my phone while its on my desk a lot.

Global Posts
    8,895 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyshinta View Post
    Although I might just stick with pattern. Its cool but I unlock my phone while its on my desk a lot.
    If you do use it, make it ask for a blink to make sure it's actually you, and not just a picture of you
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

I switched to no lock at all, even no slide lock. It's amazing. Not a single **** dial in one month

Posted via Android Central App

I never tried face unlock, but I just switched to PIN unlock from pattern because you are now supposed to be able to speak your PIN to unlock with touchless controls with 4.4. (I haven't tried it yet...)

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Face unlock not an option for us poor souls using Exchange email for work. Everything is greyed out except PIN or Password

Global Posts
    8,895 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by LOTL2 View Post
    Face unlock not an option for us poor souls using Exchange email for work. Everything is greyed out except PIN or Password
    Security reasons...

Posted via Android Central App

I tried it for awhile...it was cool except for places I didn't want people to know I was accessing my phone it was not cool because you have to stick it in front of your face to unlock it. Doh...
    8703/8330/Storm/OG Droid/HTC Inc/Droid X/RAZR/GNEX/RAZR MAXX/GS3/Note 2/MAXX HD/Note 3/Droid MAXX & GPad 8.3 DE Big Red!