scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Droid Maxx Developer Edition
Color: Black
Model: MOTXT1080MDEV
Availability: In Stock
$649
I want to by the above Droid but have some questions and would be grateful for some answers.
1 Does it come with a Verizon Sim card. I see no place on the Moto site to order one.
2 If it does come with a Verizon Sim card is it IsIs ready. I installed Isis on my Moto X and it said I needed a new secure card, Went to three Verizon stores and no luck.
3 Any codes for a better price I am ready to order. Within days of receiving my Moto X Developer Edition the price was cut a large amount. I bought it 12-21-13.
4 It does not list Verizon bloat ware. Does it have it.
5 Any downside to unlocking the boot loader on the Developers Edition.

The Moto X is very nice so I think the Maxx will have all I want as the screen is a little bigger, the battery is longer lasting, it supports wireless charging.
I did unlock the Boot loader on the X so I could root later without having to wipe my phone.
The only down side to me is I cant find the variety of cases and other acc. that I can for the X and the cost. I don't mind the cost to much but would hate a repeat of what happened to me on the X.
Thanks again

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Why not regular version for 499?

Posted via Android Central App

When it comes to phones, computers and cameras it's not a need driven decision! It comes to a want. I want a developers version. But I thank you as I think you have answered each and every one of my questions.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
As for the bloatware question, it has bloatware - it's a Verizon Droid Maxx that can be unlocked - that's the only difference from the one you can buy at Verizon. As far as I have read, all Droid Maxxes ship with a Verizon SIM; if it has a SIM, it is ISIS compatible.

Call Motorola and ask if you need to be 100% sure. 1-800-734-5870, Mon-Fri 7AM-10PM; Sat-Sun 9AM-6PM CST. Their phone support is better than guessing.

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
As for the bloatware question, it has bloatware - it's a Verizon Droid Maxx that can be unlocked - that's the only difference from the one you can buy at Verizon. As far as I have read, all Droid Maxxes ship with a Verizon SIM; if it has a SIM, it is ISIS compatible.

Call Motorola and ask if you need to be 100% sure. 1-800-734-5870, Mon-Fri 7AM-10PM; Sat-Sun 9AM-6PM CST. Their phone support is better than guessing.

Thank You! No I don't have to be certain on the Simm and if I did call Moto I still would not be 100 percent sure till i got it. I figured it had about the same bloat ware as the X which I have owned. The three things I really want are the batter battery, wireless charging and the larger screen. If by chance it does not have the card I need for IsIs I will find one. Funny the Simm card in my X was fine for Google wallet but would not work with IsIs. Google Wallet did not work till the KitKat update.
Thanks again

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It has a bit more verizon bloat than the X (I had an X and returned it for the bigger battery in the Maxx), but it can all be disabled. If you root, you can freeze or delete it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae