Droid Maxx 4.4 Fix coming within "Days"

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
According to Punit Soni (VP of Product Management at Motorola), the Droid Maxx should be receiving their fix within "Days". Speculation is kind of running around that it might be 4.4.1 or .2 version to fix a few other issues including some issues with ART Runtime.

c1.PNG

c2.PNG

DASHAUS

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Not to be a ****** or anything, I just want to point out it's there goal not that it should, historically there goals are hard to meet is why I bring it up.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Not to be a ****** or anything, I just want to point out it's there goal not that it should, historically there goals are hard to meet is why I bring it up.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

There is no history with this regime at Motorola. Punit Soni has been pretty good thus far pointing out timelines. You have to go in thinking that this is a new Motorola group with new ownership, kind of like in sports when a terrible owner gives up their team and some new amazing owner has championship on his eyes that very next year.

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I hope as a soak tester I receive the update even though I am not experiencing any problems. Latest and greatest...

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I hope as a soak tester I receive the update even though I am not experiencing any problems. Latest and greatest...

It's possible, if not probable, that it's just an update to the script that was used to install the update. They may have kept the rest of the update - the kernel, system, etc - exactly the same and just fixed whatever was blocking the new recovery from being installed on some phones. (That does seem to be what the problem was.)

That will save them from having to create *another* update for everybody who was on 4.4 already, go through another soak, etc. I imagine that they'll want to get everybody on system version 19.5.3 and then update everybody from there going forward. Besides the annoying home key behavior, there don't seem to be any significant 4.4 bugs at the moment that I know of, and the home key thing is more an annoyance than anything else.

But, I guess we'll see within a week or so. Somebody is bound to spill the beans on the soak test...

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I'll be holding off on the update until there is a solution for wifi tether that I'm happy with. Phone is perfect right now, so I'm not interested in giving up wifi tether for the efficiency bump on 4.4.

psychoD33x

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you 100% YAY. This is by far the best phone I've had since my Motorola E815. I can hold off without the update. The wifi tethering is much more important to me

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I'll be holding off on the update until there is a solution for wifi tether that I'm happy with.

That is the only thing I am unhappy about with 4.4. I miss the tethering.I am hoping the app developer will find a workaround soon.

PWav

May 1, 2010
Visit site
My KitKat update is definitely NOT perfect. The main issue that's broken by the 4.4 update is the text received alert to my Panasonic KX-TG home phone.

Maybe Punit Soni isn't aware of this. How do I send him a message?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
The soak test for 4.4 has been over for a while now. However, if they found a bug in 4.4, I hope the bug fix goes out to those of us that participated in the original 4.4 soak test.
that probably wont happen.. they do soak test, fix bugs found on the soak test and release

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
that probably wont happen.. they do soak test, fix bugs found on the soak test and release

Actually... Moto has never done that in the past. Their soak tests are the final release. This is the first time bricks like this is happening.

Sent from my XT1080M (Droid Maxx) using Tapatalk 4 Pro

reggier14

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
The soak test for 4.4 has been over for a while now. However, if they found a bug in 4.4, I hope the bug fix goes out to those of us that participated in the original 4.4 soak test.

According to posts on XDA, the new soak is only going out to people still on 4.2.2. They're working on the problem with bricked devices during the update process, not the general bugs in Kit Kat. I strongly suspect doogald is correct when it said this is probably more of an update to the install script. If you're already on Kit Kat, there's probably very little reason to install this update. We don't even know whether or not the final version will be pushed to people already on 4.4, since it might be the same code.

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I would assume that the newer build would be pushed to people already on KK. I am one of those people that am on KK and have had loads of problems with KK.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams