Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By SteelGator
  • 1 Post By doogald
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Aviate

I just downloaded the beta after seeing yahoo bought them today. It is a launcher replacement that automatically organizes your apps and changes as the day goes. Anybody else played with it yet?

The hype sounds a lot like what Moto is trying to do with our phones, that is have the phone adapt to the user using contextual tools. It is an interesting idea, but not sure I like giving up this much control of my home screen. I am going to give it a try for a few days to see what it learns about my usage patterns.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Default Re: Aviate

Quote Originally Posted by SteelGator View Post
    I just downloaded the beta after seeing yahoo bought them today. It is a launcher replacement that automatically organizes your apps and changes as the day goes. Anybody else played with it yet?

The hype sounds a lot like what Moto is trying to do with our phones, that is have the phone adapt to the user using contextual tools. It is an interesting idea, but not sure I like giving up this much control of my home screen. I am going to give it a try for a few days to see what it learns about my usage patterns.

Can you give some screen-shots showing the gradual changing of the home-screen?
    Proud LG G2 Owner!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Foramex View Post
    Can you give some screen-shots showing the gradual changing of the home-screen?
    Here are some examples

This is the basic home screen.
    Aviate-2014-01-08-13.12.45.png

Here is the screen that you get when it recognizes that you are at work. You can slide the "picture" up and down to hide/show the tool bar at the top.
    Aviate-2014-01-08-13.13.12.png

Sliding to the screen to the right pulls up other spaces that you can activate that will have the appropriate apps handy. I am at Ethicon today, so it pulled up those areas as well. If I click on them, I can check in with Four Square or post to Facebook or Google+. These options are based on the apps on my phone.
    Aviate-2014-01-08-13.13.21.png
    Aviate-2014-01-08-13.25.42.png

Here are the categories that it arranged my apps into. Pretty intuitive, accessed by sliding the home screen to the left 1x.
    Aviate-2014-01-08-13.13.38.png

Here is their version of the app drawer. You access it by sliding the screen to the left 2x.
    Aviate-2014-01-08-13.13.44.png

I don't have a screen shot of it, but it did recognize that I was at Starbucks this morning and pulled up a "Coffee House" home screen that gave me quick access to my Starbucks app, which I always use to pay. The only issue, was that it did not recognize I was there quickly enough -- I was getting back in my car with my coffee when it made the switch (it was a quick visit, <5 minutes). I accessed my app through the drawer. I also will add it to my morning tool bar since that is 90%+ my utilization of the Starbucks app.

I still miss some of my widgets (Plume, Google Now especially). I can add 1 or 2 to the home screen instead of the picture, just have not settled on what to add yet -- Google Now widget does not seem to be a choice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Aviate-2014-01-08-13.14.15.png  
    Last edited by SteelGator; 01-08-2014 at 07:38 AM.
    Thanked by 4:

Could you send me a invite to activate the aviate app? I would love to give it a try... Just switch from iOS to android

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts
    ROM
    CNA

I would appreciate an invite, as well.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob N Heather Martin View Post
    Could you send me a invite to activate the aviate app? I would love to give it a try... Just switch from iOS to android
    Looks like I have 5 invites that I can send (3 after Jacob and xweb). PM me your email and I will send the invite. I am interested to see what other users think.

I have Aviate installed as well. I believe I read somewhere that you can use the code "YAHOO" to activate the install. If anybody needs an invite, send a PM, and I can invite the first five, I think.

My one issue with it is the KitKat bug on the Maxx with the home button. I think that the home button on Aviate is supposed to be a quick toggle for sliding the photo up (it's the equivalent of tapping that down arrow button to the right of the clock on the first photo of SteelGator's post above), but the Maxx with KitKat registers the home button as two taps of home, so when you press home from another app it goes back to aviate, then toggles the home page. I'm sure it's great on a normal phone, but annoying on this one. Otherwise, it seems pretty good. I just started using it, so I think it'll take a while to learn what I do, though.

Anyway, PM if that YAHOO code doesn't work and you need an invite...
    SteelGator likes this.

Thanks. Yahoo worked

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by cherrywithns View Post
    Thanks. Yahoo worked

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app
    The code no longer works

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by JimBen73 View Post
    The code no longer works

Send a PM with your email to me and I can send you an invite. The Yahoo code was limited to the first 25,000 people.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelGator View Post
    Send a PM with your email to me and I can send you an invite. The Yahoo code was limited to the first 25,000 people.

I got the code from dooglad, thanks!

Guys, could anyone help me by providing a code or sending me an invite. I have installed Aviate and waiting to explore it. Thanks in Advance

Can someone send me the invite as well?

Unfortunately, all of my invites are used.

If anyone has any invites left can you please pm me I'm desperate to try this launcher. Thanks! 😁

Posted via Android Central App

Mvp4him3@gmail.com is my email. I would like to try this as well please.

Posted via my DROID MAXX
    Rooted and flashed: HTC EVO 4, Motorola Photon 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, and Nexus 7

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Can Aviate be used in conjunction with Cover? If so, how?

Thanks in advance.

If anyone has any more invites and can send me one, I'll send you vodka and cake.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinisandStilettos View Post
    If anyone has any more invites and can send me one, I'll send you vodka and cake.
    I got 4 invites left pm me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Can someone send me the invite as well?
    Adielmak@gmail.com thanks!

Tried it and did not like it

Finally got it, are there any themes other than dark /light? I'd like to adjust the transparency of the background. I can see my old wallpaper through the status bar and the bottom nav bar. I'd like to be able to see it through the main area and be able to pick/change.

Sent from my XT907 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

If anyone needs an invite I can send..Ive played around with it off and on..not sure I want to go that route though.
    BB S1>BB S2>Samsung Fascinate>Razr Maxx