Slight issue with the task manager/recent apps function

mike406

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. I'm really loving my new Maxx but I've noticed somewhat inconsistent behavior with the recent apps button. I notice that after the phone is left idle or in sleep for some time, after waking up and unlocking, the recent apps button doesn't seem to respond sometimes. The phone isn't being slow or anything, and I can continue to use apps without lag, but it'll take 2 presses of the recent apps button before the list will actually appear. Then it'll be fine for awhile until I leave the phone idle again for some period. To me it sounds more of a software hiccup and not an issue with the buttons themselves. I'm far from an expert with the mechanics of Android but it almost seems as if the system clears the recent apps list process from RAM when the device has been idling, and as a result might not be starting up right away at the first press of the button. Just a theory I guess. But I was wondering if anyone else has this happen. I have read that there are other issues floating around like apps disappearing from the list among some others -- I do not have these issues thankfully.

Regards,
Mike

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
This was happening to me after the Jellybean OTA and then after the KK OTA update. I have since done a factory data reset and the recent apps button is working fine.

mike406

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
This was happening to me after the Jellybean OTA and then after the KK OTA update. I have since done a factory data reset and the recent apps button is working fine.

Thanks, I'll probably wait around until kitkat gets pushed out to see if it gets fixed before I try a factory reset.

I don't experience the first issue, but the second part of your post sounds about the same as what I'm experiencing. Thank you for sharing this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol