MotoRoot & 4.4 update

newbeginning828

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I tried searching and couldn't find a straight answer so sorry if this has been asked before. I used MotoRoot to perform the entitlement hack and then unrooted my device. Can I simply accept the ota 4.4 update or do I need to remove/flash anything in order to avoid bricking my phone?

I'm not worried about keeping root, I've seen the method in order to keep it.. And well, being a newb at this, am hesitant to try.

Thanks!

Sent from my Droid Maxx

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I used motoroot for the same and unrooted afterwards. I upgraded with no issues with the 4.4 soak. This has no guarantees for every individual, however.

You will not retain the entitlement hack post update.

Sent from my DROID MAXX

yenyob

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm going to stay on 4.2.2 for now. I'm way too green to try and root this thing on kit kat. I'll stick with MotoRoot until there is an easier way. I have kit Kat on my Nexus 7 so I can use it there. Nothing mind blowing so I don't feel like I'm missing much. I'd rather be able to backup and tether. Now, if Helium worked on Moto phones and foxfi or any other tethering app worked I wouldn't mind going off root.

Posted via Android Central App

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I too am staying on Jellybean, at least for the foreseeable future. For me it is the free tethering issue. If KitKat was radically different then I might reconsider but from what I am reading it isn't.

mustang02

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm on KitKat with Root. There isn't anything mindblowing about KitKat. I would not take the OTA if you want root with 4.4.

jtreadwell

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I updated to 4.4 and lost the entitlement. Has anyone figured out the secret to root 4.4 on these phones yet so I can get my hot spot back? Just got a wifi nexus 7 and now its nearly useless. :-/

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Check out the XDA site. As I understand it, there is no known root method if you are already on KK. In fact, there is a "bounty" thread going for that.

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I updated to 4.4 and lost the entitlement. Has anyone figured out the secret to root 4.4 on these phones yet so I can get my hot spot back? Just got a wifi nexus 7 and now its nearly useless. :-/

When they figure it out, it's not going to be nearly as simple as motoroot, unfortunately. Hopefully they surprise us.

if you can read this, you're standing too close

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez