Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Titan206
  • 1 Post By vzwuser76
  • 1 Post By Titan206
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Post 4.4 Battery Drain - Possible Fix

After experiencing some excessive battery drain since 4.4, and after reading others' experiences, I believe I may have found a solution.

In the security section of the settings menu, under device administrators, I unchecked the Android Device Manager option. Since doing so, my phone stays awake a lot less. Time will tell how successful this is, but I wanted to share in case it works for anyone else.

Matt

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post 4.4 Battery Drain - Possible Fix-uploadfromtaptalk1389802746040.jpg  
    Thanked by 3:
    Masheen likes this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Post 4.4 Battery Drain - Possible Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Titan206 View Post
    After experiencing some excessive battery drain since 4.4, and after reading others' experiences, I believe I may have found a solution.

In the security section of the settings menu, under device administrators, I unchecked the Android Device Manager option. Since doing so, my phone stays awake a lot less. Time will tell how successful this is, but I wanted to share in case it works for anyone else.

Matt
    Unfortunately, I want to be able to access my phone through ADM if it's lost or stolen, so I'm leaving that on. (I prefer ADM to Motorola's solution.)

Matt

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by doogald View Post
    Unfortunately, I want to be able to access my phone through ADM if it's lost or stolen, so I'm leaving that on. (I prefer ADM to Motorola's solution.)
    I agree with Doogald, I don't want to lose the functionality of a key feature like this for battery life.
    Android OG

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Cincybearcatfan View Post
    I agree with Doogald, I don't want to lose the functionality of a key feature like this for battery life.
    Motorola already has a built in feature that mimics Android Device Manager. You can even see it in the picture that OP posted. If its causing battery drain, disable it, and re-enable when it gets fixed, or not at all. If you lose your phone, you need to stop drinking or wear pants with pockets.
    Thanked by:
    Lovin' My Phone

I use AVG anti virus and I can lock, wipe, find phone, take pictures and all that without making it a device manager.

But thanks Titan for the tip. I've had KitKat since the soak and didn't realize those settings were changed.
    ~Janet~

Quote Originally Posted by Masheen View Post
    Motorola already has a built in feature that mimics Android Device Manager. You can even see it in the picture that OP posted. If its causing battery drain, disable it, and re-enable when it gets fixed, or not at all. If you lose your phone, you need to stop drinking or wear pants with pockets.
    If it works better for you, that's great. I like ADM more. The Motorola site is a lot more difficult to use - you need to go to motorola.com, then login, then choose a Google+ account, then go to manage my device, then choose "lost device". Half the time I have to log in again. With ADM I google "android device manager", choose the first option, log in to my Google account, and I'm there.
    Android OG

ROM
    Stock

If it works better for you, that's great. I like ADM more. The Motorola site is a lot more difficult to use - you need to go to motorola.com, then login, then choose a Google+ account, then go to manage my device, then choose "lost device". Half the time I have to log in again. With ADM I google "android device manager", choose the first option, log in to my Google account, and I'm there.
    Why don't you just buy a chastity case for your phone

Why don't you just buy a chastity case for your phone
    I just love it when people tell me how I should use my phone ...
    Android OG

ROM
    Stock

I just love it when people tell me how I should use my phone ...
    (Laughter). Here's what you need Post 4.4 Battery Drain - Possible Fix-locked-up-phone.jpg

(Laughter). Here's what you need Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Locked up phone.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	100897
    Don't tell me, it's sold at Verizon for $99.
    gamefreak715 likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Well, my suggested fix seemed to work initially, but my phone is back to waking constantly again. I'm not sure what's causing it. Pre 4.4 would allow better battery monitoring, so I'm not sure what to do at this point. If I stumble upon some other solution, I'll try to keep this thread updated.

Matt
    Android OG

ROM
    Stock

Well, my suggested fix seemed to work initially, but my phone is back to waking constantly again. I'm not sure what's causing it. Pre 4.4 would allow better battery monitoring, so I'm not sure what to do at this point. If I stumble upon some other solution, I'll try to keep this thread updated.

Matt
    Enable Developer Options by tapping build number in about phone 7 times. Then go into dev options and look at Process Stats It shows you a more detailed battery monitoring of processes.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Enable Developer Options by tapping build number in about phone 7 times. Then go into dev options and look at Process Stats It shows you a more detailed battery monitoring of processes.
    Thanks. Maybe I'll give that a shot.

Matt
    Android OG

ROM
    Stock

Thanks. Maybe I'll give that a shot.

Matt
    You can do eattt

Posted via Android Central App