Droid MAXX: Going back to jellybean

jjc103

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I updated my Maxx to KitKat and i would like to go back to Jellybean.
Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Going back to jellybean

I updated my Maxx to KitKat and i would like to go back to Jellybean.
Thanks for your help.

I soft bricked mine or got it in a loop I could not even power down it just stayed in the loop. This happened with one of the 4.4s floating around after it was pulled. To get into fast boot mode I had to do it quickly when I powered down before the first boot screen arrived. I think thats what you call it when you can just get to the first boot logo or enter fast boot mode. Any way this got me back to just like new. I already had a RA# but gave this a try. You must follow the directions to the T. Your phone MUST be in AP Fastboot mode but I could not get it to work with the fast boot method but RSD did the trick. You can go back.

House of Moto [2.0] - SamuriHL's House Of Moto - DroidRzr.com

I

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Going back to jellybean

Once you update to kitkat, you cannot go back to jellybean unless you have a developer edition and you unlock the bootloader. Otherwise, it can't be done, even with house of Moto.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
What are the issues you are having? This is a pretty strong forum probably can fix for you.

Posted via Android Central App

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I do have the developer edition. I did not see anything on the page that said it had to be a developers edition but (doggy2965) you certainly seem to know of what you speak. If I mislead jjc103...I'm sorry!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy