- 2 Posts
Droid MAXX: Phone Rebooting Constantly during 4.4 Update
My phone just received the 4.4 update. I wasn't planning on accepting the update as I was rooted at one point (some how lost the root, so not longer rooted as of this message). The phone successfully downloaded the update, and my buddy hit the install button. The phone rebooted, and the then came back up and into 4.2.2. Now, it's constantly rebooting. If I am quick enough, I can power it off and it stays off, but never remains up for more than a minute. I tried booting into the recovering (power + down volume), but every option just boots the phone in regular mode and I loop.
Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-15-2014 at 10:17 PM.
- 01-15-2014, 06:13 PM #2
- 2 Posts
Re: Phone Rebooting Constantly during 4.4 Update
I was only rooted. Didn't change anything else. I don't believe I even installed a custom recovery.
I was able to get into Fastboot and I erased my cache and things seem to have come back. I'm still on 4.2.2 but no longer stuck in that loop. It's downloading the update again though, going to not install this time so I can unroot first.
- By email@example.com in forum Verizon HTC OneReplies: 6Last Post: 06-02-2014, 10:18 PM
- By Sonny Lowery in forum Vodafone Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 01-27-2014, 01:44 PM
- By joshwithachance in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 01-16-2014, 07:00 AM
- By PanaWanKenobi in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 1Last Post: 01-15-2014, 04:51 PM
- By mrsmumbles in forum Other US CarriersReplies: 0Last Post: 01-15-2014, 04:18 PM