1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Active Notification Issue After 4.4

I still receive my active notifications (email, text, hangouts, etc) on my screen. Before 4.4 I could swipe up and it would open the program tied to the notification (email for email, hangouts for instant messaging, and so on...). After the update, when i swipe up it will only unlock the phone and take me to the home screen. Is anyone else experiencing this issue and if yes, did you find a fix for it?

Default Re: Active Notification Issue After 4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    I still receive my active notifications (email, text, hangouts, etc) on my screen. Before 4.4 I could swipe up and it would open the program tied to the notification (email for email, hangouts for instant messaging, and so on...). After the update, when i swipe up it will only unlock the phone and take me to the home screen. Is anyone else experiencing this issue and if yes, did you find a fix for it?
    Active notifications was one of those apps that had to update right out of the gate after KitKat installation.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    I don't use the stock email app - just Gmail - but I have read that the stock email app will not open with a swipe up from active display. That seems to be the only app I have read about with that problem. All of my apps that are enabled with active display - Gmail, Hangouts, Plume, Falcon Pro, Facebook, Google+ - all continue with a swipe up in KitKat.

I have not read of a fix for the email app.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Aaaaaaa ... good point. After reading your response, I tested all the active notification apps. email is the only one that doesn't work. hopefully, they should post a fix/update for this soon.

I use the stock email for my Verizon account. The swipe up works for me. Using 4.4

Posted via Android Central App

Works fine for me too!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    783 Global Posts

Stock email broken for me. Well, it opens maybe 5% of the time from Active Notifications. The rest of the notifications open fine.

Same problem here. Does not open on swipe up.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app