1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid MAXX: Weird Wifi / bluetooth issue

My Droid Maxx is turning Wifi on randomly which in my case causes my bluetooth - car connection to drop every time.

I unchecked everything I can find that enables Wifi automatically; yet, the device continues to malfunction.

Will a hard reset fix this problem? I'd hate to wipe. You phone considering I have it set up perfectly.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-18-2014 at 12:41 PM.

Default Re: Weird Wifi / bluetooth issie

Your Wi-Fi knocks out your Bluetooth? That doesn't sound normal, mine doesn't get knocked out. Maybe look into why it gets knocked out instead?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by doublestack1 View Post
    My Droid Maxx is turning Wifi on randomly which in my case causes my bluetooth - car connection to drop every time.

I unchecked everything I can find that enables Wifi automatically; yet, the device continues to malfunction.

Will a hard reset fix this problem? I'd hate to wipe. You phone considering I have it set up perfectly.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
    Do you use the Assist driving function? Since that is location-based, I wonder if it is toggling on WiFi for location services?

The other suggestion is to leave WiFi on all of the time, or at least while you are driving, to avoid that problem.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

If I leave the Wifi on all the time when I drive, my car connection drops every time it finds a hotspot. I disabled driving mode on the assist app.

It may be a hardware issue.

I think a hard reset is in order. If that doesn't work I will ask for a replacement phone.

Quote Originally Posted by doublestack1 View Post
    If I leave the Wifi on all the time when I drive, my car connection drops every time it finds a hotspot.
    Settings->Wifi. Press the menu control bottom right, advanced. Turn off "Scanning always available". I bet that will help while WiFi is off and you are driving.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by doogald View Post
    Settings->Wifi. Press the menu control bottom right, advanced. Turn off "Scanning always available". I bet that will help while WiFi is off and you are driving.
    That is my main issue. That feature is off as are the local hotspots I used to connect to. I deleted all the Time Warner and Optonline "remembered" sites. Every setting I could find is off or disabled. Crazy

Last edited by doublestack1; 01-17-2014 at 09:40 PM.