Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid MAXX: Account action Required popping up after 4.4 update

Looking for some help folks ,I have a droid maxx that was just updated to Kitkat earlier in the week and ever since that updated I keep getting this annoying Account Action Required pop up.I've changed my google password thinking that would help but still keep getting the pop up.Any one have any idea what the deal is with this ? Thxs in advance...
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-18-2014 at 10:37 PM.
    jkmasi likes this.

Default Re: Account action Required popping up after 4.4 update

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Matteson View Post
    Looking for some help folks ,I have a droid maxx that was just updated to Kitkat earlier in the week and ever since that updated I keep getting this annoying Account Action Required pop up.I've changed my google password thinking that would help but still keep getting the pop up.Any one have any idea what the deal is with this ? Thxs in advance...
    I had the same issue happen once today for the first time despite being on 4.4 x weeks. I know others on the Motorola forums have had the same. I tapped it and it went away. I couldn't determine any issues.

Sent from my DROID MAXX

Does it say anything about Motorola Device ID? If so, check that setting (settings / Motorola Device ID)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

It did at first think I figured that out, this problem is with gmail...keeps asking for a password reset..I've reset multiple times still getting account action req.
    Last edited by Patrick Matteson; 01-19-2014 at 09:02 AM.

Default Re: Droid MAXX: Account action Required popping up after 4.4 update

Do you have 2 step authentication turned on?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

no it is not

I am getting the same problem but I do have 2-step verification enabled. When I long press and go to app info for the notification it usually shows Google Play Services. I've gone through the process of browser based 2-step verification as well as tried creating an app password, both work for about a day and then bam, it comes back up. It wont let me do anything with the internet or any of the google apps on my phone until I go through the whole process again each time.

ugh...

I'm also seeing this. Two step not enabled.
    Thanked by:
    pwrmkr 

Same issue is happening with my girlfriends phone (Droid Mini on Verizon) and it is incredibly annoying. I found a temporary fix by disabling The Google Play Services application within the phones settings/apps, but the problem persists after restarting the phone. Still searching for a permanent solution since there is clearly something wrong here. Will post again if I learn anything more. No similar issue on my HTC One via AT&T.

Same problem here. No 2 factor authentication either. So annoying I'm considering calling Verizon, but I'm sure they'll offer to factory reset and that's it.

I'm getting this 2-3 times per day too. No two step authentication.

It did at first think I figured that out, this problem is with gmail...keeps asking for a password reset..I've reset multiple times still getting account action req.
    I'm having the same issue with my corporate exchange account. It keeps locking my AD account.

I also have 2-step authorization. I created a new "Nexus 4" account. When I entered that instead of my main password the problem went away.

Any solutions to this? I'm also having this issue now randomly today. Everything was working fine, even as of this morning it was fine, and then all of a sudden it all started doing this.

I just started seeing this last night, too. 4.4 was fine for a couple of weeks...

I have this problem too. Has anyone figured out how to fix it?

Also having this issue. Anyone been able to fix it? I've been dealing with this for weeks now and I'm getting rather sick of it.

ROM
    Stock on most

Keeps happening intermittently on mine too. Haven't found any kind of solution yet.

A software glitch of unknown origin is prohibiting my Droid Ultra from accessing the internet. I've factory reset my phone already, and the problem has returned. Putting my phone in safe mode doesn't change anything either. I am getting continual "Account Action Required" notifications from Google. I am also getting ceaseless notifications from Motorola that say "Authentication problem: Touch to sign in with Motorola Device ID." Whenever I try to resolve these issues, the following message pops up:

"Couldn't sign in. You typed an incorrect password or your account has changed. Re-type your password. If you forgot your password and need to recover your account click here."

Anything I do fails to resolve the problem. Sometimes the message pops up unprovoked. As it stands now, I can't do anything on my phone because these notifications interrupt even the basic of tasks. And, of course, having no access to the internet is kind of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by estamey View Post
    A software glitch of unknown origin is prohibiting my Droid Ultra from accessing the internet. I've factory reset my phone already, and the problem has returned. Putting my phone in safe mode doesn't change anything either. I am getting continual "Account Action Required" notifications from Google. I am also getting ceaseless notifications from Motorola that say "Authentication problem: Touch to sign in with Motorola Device ID." Whenever I try to resolve these issues, the following message pops up:

"Couldn't sign in. You typed an incorrect password or your account has changed. Re-type your password. If you forgot your password and need to recover your account click here."

Anything I do fails to resolve the problem. Sometimes the message pops up unprovoked. As it stands now, I can't do anything on my phone because these notifications interrupt even the basic of tasks. And, of course, having no access to the internet is kind of a problem.
    Are you able to get into your account from a computer?

please back away from the screen

The same thing happened to me, for the first time in the two months that I've had KitKat, over the weekend. It happened to all five of my Google accounts, and the Motorola ID thing, which I had just set up a few days before - and it happened when I was in a restaurant and, from the battery history screen, I had no mobile service. (I didn't look at my phone until I got home from the restaurant.)

Since it never happened before I did the Motorola ID thing, I first had to reenter the passwords for all of those Google accounts (retrying did not work) and then I unlinked the Motorola ID from the phone.

So, that was:

settings->security & screen lock->Device administrators and turned off "Motorola Device Policy". Next, settings->Motorola Device ID, tap the three dot menu control on the top right, and choose "unlink account".

It might not hurt to restart the phone, too.

I've had my Moto Droid Maxx for about a week now and my wife got the Moto X the same day. We both upgraded to 4.4 soon after getting them activated and we both started receiving the very annoying prompt as well. We only get it when connected over WiFi though. If I'm on Mobile Data I don't it at all, when I get home I get it about every few hours or so.
    No idea why this is happening, but I'm glad this is something that others have noticed too because I was thinking it was just my ISP (Satalite Internet, don't even get me started on the problems...) so hopefully it will be addressed in a future OTA.

Global Posts
    883 Global Posts

The only time I get it is when I go to this school that has no cell coverage but has open wifi which is locked down so the kids cant access some sites . . this is the only time it happens to me so my guess is that I go there, my phone automatically connects to the free wifi, it tries to do various updates or syncs, its not allowed because of the restrictions, and when I reach a place on the way home where there is cell service I start getting all these messages.

That may make absolutely no sense, but it happens to me alot, but only whn I go to my sons BBall games at this school. . . . fwiw

I have been having the same problem for a while.

I contacted Moto and ended up with their level 2 support who basically said "man, that sucks bro". I tried turning off 2 step verification, changed my password, unlink/relink my Moto ID, resetting between attempts, nothing seems to work. I am about ready to wipe the phone but I don't believe that will make a difference. The only suggestion level 2 support had was "make a new google account for your phone".... uh.... are you kidding me? I've been using this account for android and apps since the day 1 release of the original Moto Droid.... Even if I ignored the inconvenience of not sycning with all of my google services this has to be a joke with all the $$$ I've spent on apps.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrardx3 View Post
    I have been having the same problem for a while.

I contacted Moto and ended up with their level 2 support who basically said "man, that sucks bro". I tried turning off 2 step verification, changed my password, unlink/relink my Moto ID....
    Try what I did - unlink the Motorola ID and never relink it, and turn off that Administrator setting. (See my post Droid MAXX: Account action Required popping up after 4.4 update ) It would be interesting to see if that helps.

I don't know if that will change anything, but I never had the error message until a few days ago, which was about four days after I linked my account to Motorola ID. I haven't seen it since.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast