1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need suggestions for MAXX accessories

All ~ I've now had my MAXX for about 1 week and I'm loving it. I had a GNex running Cyanogenmod to get Android 4.4 before, but this is a lot faster. I had a screen protector on my GNex for about a year, but eventually took it off because I didn't like the feel. I've never had any type of a case, but I thought I would take a look.

I really like the battery life on this phone. I switched to ART today, so we'll see if there are any improvements. I also just ordered a Tylt Vu to try the wireless charging.

Any suggestions for accessories on this great phone?

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts

Default Re: Need suggestions for MAXX accessories

What's ART?

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by T_Rob View Post
    What's ART?
    There are several threads on it here. Here is an article that (sort of) explains it:

I haven't bothered to switch, I am happy with my Maxx' performance.

I got my Maxx two weeks ago and I was looking at accessories just like you. I went with a Verizon bumper case because it gives some protection but without much more bulk. It keeps the back open which is nice so you can still enjoy the Kevlar back. So far I really like it.

I also used a screen protector on my last phone until a year passed and then went without it. For this one I decided to go without the screen protector. I love the feel of the screen without it. You just have to avoid putting keys or anything in the same pocket.

I don't know of any other accessories that I would use. I already have my beats headphones that came with my last phone (rezound) and I don't have any interest in wireless charging.

Posted via Android Central App

If you want a case I'd suggest the Incipio Feather. I've tried 5 different ones and it's the only that keeps the slim form factor of the phone and the material feels good in hand. The Kevlar back is nice to look at but is a bit too slippery for me.

My recommendation would be this case by Diztronic. It's not bulky and has a great grip.

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

Knowing how I am with things, I prefer the Otter Box Defender case myself. In fact, I like the bulk that it adds, and frequently use it even in its holster. It does the trick for me, and based on past Defender cases, I know the phone is safe. But that's me, and your mileage may vary dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Passive Sloth View Post
    I got my Maxx two weeks ago and I was looking at accessories just like you. I went with a Verizon bumper case because it gives some protection but without much more bulk. It keeps the back open which is nice so you can still enjoy the Kevlar back. So far I really like it.

I also used a screen protector on my last phone until a year passed and then went without it. For this one I decided to go without the screen protector. I love the feel of the screen without it. You just have to avoid putting keys or anything in the same pocket.

I don't know of any other accessories that I would use. I already have my beats headphones that came with my last phone (rezound) and I don't have any interest in wireless charging.

Same but I use the WC all the time. The v case works great for WC.

Posted

Tylt Vu makes a great wireless charger that gives you a nice desktop or nightstand viewing angle.