Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid MAXX: Umm, normal battery usage?

So i used my maxx for one day officially off the charger at 7:30 and 1% at 7:30pm... i used little bit of google, bit of maps in the evening and most of the day with bluetooth on streaming music from phone.. Also some texting and wechatting ...is this usage too much for this phone to handle or the battery will get better?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-29-2014 at 09:36 AM.

Default Re: Umm normal battery usage?

Install GSAM battery and see what is using up the battery. I can go over 2 days without a charge listening to slacker, texting, emails, etc.

Heres my results so far today. Off the charger around noon on WiFi from about 12-230 and from 230-730 on 4g LTE. Still at 86 % battery with around 1 hour of screen on time. Its been on for about 7.5hrs total so far. No BT no GPS. Auto screen brightness. Basically texting Facebook, web browsing, snap chat, instagram.

Posted via Android Central App

Here's my battery usage for today. Unplugged at about noon on the 27th and still going strong at 60% only about 2-3 hours of this was on WiFi. The rest was in 4g LTE. This mainly used for web browsing, texting, Facebook, snap chat, instagram, clipboard, and the AC forums. Watched a few YouTube videos and that's about it.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Droid MAXX: Umm, normal battery usage?-1390906002405.jpg   Droid MAXX: Umm, normal battery usage?-1390906014885.jpg  

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts

It's hard for me to get a good read because the area where I work has horrible cell coverage and wifi is very weak. So my signal is always in the red. If I don't charge my phone during the day, my battery will be gone by the evening. However, if it was any other phone, it would be dead after 4 hours. The smart thing for me to do is leave the data off, but my phone us like my arm... It's figuratively attached to me.

Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Ok. So almoat dead again...Dont know how to attach photo but 35% screen. 15% mediaserver. And 10%idle...is this normal

My maxx is still going from being unplugged on the 27th at about noon. Heres some screenshots of my battery stats to conpare. Also I have GPS Bluetooth all turned off. WiFi was on the whole time but only connected for probably 12hrs and the other 18hrs was on 4g LTE. Also this includes about 7 hours if sleeping.
    Also auto brightness and Not a lot of streaming either.
    Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Droid MAXX: Umm, normal battery usage?-1390956312703.jpg   Droid MAXX: Umm, normal battery usage?-1390956322357.jpg  
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Droid MAXX: Umm, normal battery usage?-screenshot_2014-01-28-18-29-54.png

the mediaserver looks sketchy... i did have 4g and bt on the whole day... still the battery is disappointing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
    the mediaserver looks sketchy... i did have 4g and bt on the whole day... still the battery is disappointing!!!
    Mediaserver is what is playing your music. If you tap screen, what is the screen on time?

It looks like wechat is consuming a lot of battery as well.

It looks like you could possibly have your GPS polling a lot as well - do you have the GPS set on?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Droid MAXX: Umm, normal battery usage?-screenshot_2014-01-28-18-29-54.png

i didnt have time to listen to music... yes my BT,GPS,WIFI on all day ... One thing I HATE about wifi is (maybe theres a fix for it?) i keep getting connected to random wifis when i have it on when i dont know how to access them... is there a way to have wifi only connect to ones i can have access to?

One thing I HATE about wifi is (maybe theres a fix for it?) i keep getting connected to random wifis when i have it on when i dont know how to access them... is there a way to have wifi only connect to ones i can have access to?
    Settings / WiFi. Tap the menu control on the bottom-right. Hit "Advanced". Turn off the top option, "Network notification".
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

does gps use a lot of battery? i was on googlemaps navigation for 30 mins while listening bt music and was down 10% battery. the screen was on whole time though.. is this normal?

does gps use a lot of battery? i was on googlemaps navigation for 30 mins while listening bt music and was down 10% battery. the screen was on whole time though.. is this normal?
    Yes GPS uses a lot of battery, esp. With the phone/screen on. I only have it on when I need to use navigation and turn it off immediately after when I'm done...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

GPS only uses battery when it's used for location. You can leave the radio on and it will not drain battery until an app looks for location.