1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default App disabling question

I'm pretty sure this is a normal thing to see when disabling a lot of apps, but what does this message mean exactly? I didn't want to disable anything until I was clear on what they're saying here. I didn't get this message when I disabled Verizon Tones, but I'm noticing it's popping up when I go to disable a bunch of other ones.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails App disabling question-screenshot_2014-01-28-09-42-07.png  

Default Re: App disabling question

In order to disable certain apps the system first asks you to 'uninstall' all updates and replace the copy with the factory image one. If this is popping up (and you select OK) it will, like it says, replace the app with the factory version and THEN you'll be able to disable it.

Should you want to re-enable the app, it will first run with the factory version and then, usually, update itself to the newest available version (some apps may require you to manually update them either inside the app or through Google Play or 3rd party stores, depending on where you downloaded it).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    In order to disable certain apps the system first asks you to 'uninstall' all updates and replace the copy with the factory image one. If this is popping up (and you select OK) it will, like it says, replace the app with the factory version and THEN you'll be able to disable it.

Should you want to re-enable the app, it will first run with the factory version and then, usually, update itself to the newest available version (some apps may require you to manually update them either inside the app or through Google Play or 3rd party stores, depending on where you downloaded it).
    Excellent, thank you!
    Android OG

ROM
    Stock (for now)

Check this out. It's a master thread for app disabling that I can't get a sticky for:

App Disabling for Speed and Battery Life
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Masheen View Post
    Check this out. It's a master thread for app disabling that I can't get a sticky for:

App Disabling for Speed and Battery Life
    Thanks!