Help a Noob: How do I transfer a MP3 file of an interview to my computer?

dfbaskwill

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I used Hi-Q MP3 Recorder to conduct a few short interviews for use in a podcast. How can I transfer the files to my computer from my Maxx? I even have a micro USB to USB dongle.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I used Hi-Q MP3 Recorder to conduct a few short interviews for use in a podcast. How can I transfer the files to my computer from my Maxx? I even have a micro USB to USB dongle.

You have many options. You can upload the recordings to a folder in google drive, you can email them to yourself if the file is small enough, or you could plug your phone into your computer via usb and drag and drop. If you are trying to locate the file on your phone, I suggest you get a file explorer to make the navigation easier. I use Root Explorer, but there are many options. Astro and ES are other good ones.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You can specify the recordings folder yourself by opening Hi-Q, tapping the gear icon at the upper right, then tapping Recording, then Location of Stored Recordings. The default is /storage/emulated/0/Recordings. When you plug your phone into your computer, open the device folder in your computer's file explorer, and look for the directory "Recordings." You should be able to drag and drop the files easily.

With the MTP protocol that is used for USB connection, not all folders can be seen by the computer. If Recordings is not visible, then it's probably be easiest to use a wireless file transfer app like AirDroid or Wifi File Explorer.

dfbaskwill

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I used the email method after installing Root Explorer. The insight to Hi-Q is also appreciated. The podcast is uploaded. This forum is great.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance