Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hosswa
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default motorola device manager won't run

When I plug the USB cable in, nothing happens. When I'm connected as camera, it shows up as XT1080, but nothing is listed. When I switch to connected as media device, nothing happens. The device does not show up under computer. No drivers are installed. It used to work before the upgrade to 4.4, but now nothing. I have many pictures I want to get off my camera and can't figure out how now! I'm on Win7. I tried repairing it, but that didn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but still nothing. It shows in the Control Panel, but doesn't show in the task bar when I plug in the USB cable with the camera. I don't get any messages about installing drivers. I've tried 3 different USB ports. They recognize the phone and the cable obviously works since it puts up the XT1080 drive in camera mode. Just no media mode. I'd appreciate any help. I have a lot of pics and videos I want to get off my camera.

Default Re: motorola device manager won't run

Welcome to Android Central! This is a longshot, but try clearing the system cache partition: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...he/action/auth

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! This is a longshot, but try clearing the system cache partition: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...he/action/auth
    I have always used "Android File Transfer" and it has always worked like a charm on all my Android devices.

Android.com

I'm new here to the Droid world, just upgraded from my Treo 700p and miss it way too much, and am reading every post I can before I post any questions. Ran across your question and found that I have the same problem on my desktop also. I had a bad USB connection and it crashed the driver install. Tried a bunch of stuff and even took it to my local computer repair shop. They finally got the desktop to see the MAXX as another drive but that's it. Now on my laptop everything went fine with no issues and still works well. Try another computer and see what happens. So I am not sure about the cache clearing and if it will help but am going to try it myself when I have learned more about this operating system.

did you ever get an answer to your question about usb device not recognized? my droid maxx is doing it too and it is driving me crazy!!
    kandrelly likes this.