Droid MAXX: Cases

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Considering making the move from my RAZR MAXX. The problem is, I can't find any cases I like. I used to have an Otterbox defender on my RAZR. I didn't like it because the hard plastic was right up against the phone and would eventually mar the finish. Also, the Otterbox plastic would eventually break and it was difficult to get off the phone when I needed to. The Otterbox belt clips are notorious for breaking, and I broke several.

I got a Seidio Dilex case with kickstand and belt clip. Love it. The silicone is all that touches the phone so it stays looking factory new. The case has been very durable in the few months I've had it. There is nothing covering the screen, which I like

However, Seidio doesn't make any cases for the MAXX yet. I an get an Otterbox Defender from Verizon as part of a bundle with the phone, but.....

Anyone know if a car that has what I'm looking for.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Cases

I just made the switch from RAZR maxx to DROID maxx and I love it so far. I have the otterbox commute one which is nice for me. I am going to get the zagg screen protector when they release it for our phone.

Posted via my DROID MAXX

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Considering making the move from my RAZR MAXX. The problem is, I can't find any cases I like. I used to have an Otterbox defender on my RAZR. I didn't like it because the hard plastic was right up against the phone and would eventually mar the finish. Also, the Otterbox plastic would eventually break and it was difficult to get off the phone when I needed to. The Otterbox belt clips are notorious for breaking, and I broke several.

I got a Seidio Dilex case with kickstand and belt clip. Love it. The silicone is all that touches the phone so it stays looking factory new. The case has been very durable in the few months I've had it. There is nothing covering the screen, which I like

However, Seidio doesn't make any cases for the MAXX yet. I can get an Otterbox Defender from Verizon as part of a bundle with the phone, but.....

Anyone know if a car that has what I'm looking for.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

I just made the switch from RAZR maxx to DROID maxx and I love it so far. I have the otterbox commute one which is nice for me. I am going to get the zagg screen protector when they release it for our phone.

Posted via my DROID MAXX

The Zagg has been out for a few months. Just be careful - they make two kinds. One is called "case friendly" and it doesn't go edge to edge, presumably so a case won't peel the edge. Some people don't like that, though.

As for the OP, I don't carry my phone on a belt clip, so I don't really have an answer. Search amazon for "xt1080m case" and I think you'll find a few that may work for you.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

The only kickstand case I have seen is the Verizon case/holster. The Verizon case is not a full wrap around.

I went with the Incipio Dual Pro and a generic horizontal leather holster through Amazon. I also use the Skinomi screen protector.

I miss my kickstand on the HTC Thunderbolt, but what I have now works for me.

I would like to see Trident Case put out a kickstand case.

Posted from my XT1080M

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

I sent Seidio an email asking if they were developing a similar case for the MAXX. Here is the reply:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Seidioonline.com. We appreciate your interest in our products. Unfortunately, we do not have plans to make products for the Droid Maxx. We apologize for any inconvenience. Your request has been forwarded to our product development team.

If you have additional questions or concerns, feel free to respond to this email or contact us at 832-204-1118.

Thank you,

Seidio Customer Service

This is a popular phone..... weird that they aren't interested in developing products for it. Oh well. I guess if I am going to upgrade, I'll take advantage of the Otterbox from Verizon. I might just hold off though to see what will be the successor to the MAXX.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Here is my recommendation on the case.... Don't bother, but rather skin it instead. The droid maxx features Gorrilla Glass 3 and Kevlar backing for design. So the plastic feeling is not there at all. Consider getting the Skinomi set with the Carbon Fiber skin.

Amazon.com: Skinomi? TechSkin - Motorola DROID MAXX Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Black Carbon Fiber Full Body Protective Skin + Lifetime Warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories

This is of course for those that aren't klutz's. Obviously it won't have the same protection power as an otterbox, but it will keep it scratch free and relatively drop free depending on how far it drops. The Maxx is already a big phone as it is, and this will maintain the dimensions of the phone while protecting it.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

I've read too many complaints on the reviews on Verizon's webstore about the edge to edge glass making the phone more susceptible to breakage. In my line of work, I need a rugged phone, and the next best thing is a great phone made rugged by its case.

rlmesq

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

I just use the Verizon bumper "case." It provides edge protection & just enough of a raised ridge around the screen to keep it from landing screen-first on the pavement.

It's done well in my unscientific, inadvertent drop tests, and it still lets the carbon/Kevlar back show through.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

I've read too many complaints on the reviews on Verizon's webstore about the edge to edge glass making the phone more susceptible to breakage. In my line of work, I need a rugged phone, and the next best thing is a great phone made rugged by its case.

Droid Maxx is not edge to edge by the way. It has a small bezel.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

I went and played with a MAXX at the Verizon store. I noticed just a little bit of lag from time to time, BUT, the in store phone did not have a network connection and as soon as I turned on the Wi-Fi it started a system update. The lag may have been due to that (it was just downloading while I was there, not installing), but even that hint of lag turns me off. I rooted my RAZR MAX and installed lag fix (trim) and have to weekly format the data cache and delete all Chrome data from app manager just to keep the phone usable. That little bit of lag on the MAXX makes me just want to wait for the next generation phone.

WallaceD

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

I went and played with a MAXX at the Verizon store. I noticed just a little bit of lag from time to time, BUT, the in store phone did not have a network connection and as soon as I turned on the Wi-Fi it started a system update.... That little bit of lag on the MAXX makes me just want to wait for the next generation phone.

I've had a Maxx since day one. There's no lag 99.8% of the time. The only time I have personally experienced lag is when an app hasn't closed properly..

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

I've had a Maxx since day one. There's no lag 99.8% of the time. The only time I have personally experienced lag is when an app hasn't closed properly..

So, likely just the update then? A couple of the case suggestions are interesting. Really wishing I could find something like the Seidio still.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae