Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Maxx 4.4 share issues

I've noticed lately that whenever I try and share anything I no longer get an option to choose how its shared. Now the messages app automatically opens. I've tried clearing the defaults for the messages app but that didn't help. Anyone else having this issue?

Posted via Android Central App

ROM
    Kang/CM10

Default Re: Maxx 4.4 share issues

Quote Originally Posted by blugen2 View Post
    I've noticed lately that whenever I try and share anything I no longer get an option to choose how its shared. Now the messages app automatically opens. I've tried clearing the defaults for the messages app but that didn't help. Anyone else having this issue?

A couple of questions.... Do you use default messenger or Hangouts as your primary SMS? Also, you said you have cleared the defaults for the messages app, but do one thing, check to make sure the default messaging app is selected as well. You'll find it under the following:

Settings -> Under Wireless & Networks (More...) -> Default SMS app

The other thing you may want to try doing is disabling the standard messaging app altogether. Once we are on 4.4.2, the stock messaging app will be gone and replaced by Hangouts.
    Motorola Droid Maxx

Samsung Galaxy Nexus - RIP
    CM10 Jellybro Jelly Bean

Asus Nexus 7
    AOKP JB Milestone 1
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I have been using hangouts as my default. I disabled the standard messages app and that fixed the issue. Thank you for the help

Quote Originally Posted by blugen2 View Post
    As it turns out, that's a bug in version 4.4 that affects some people - see Cult of Android MobileFix The Share Menu Bug In Android 4.4 Kitkat [How-To] | Cult of Android

Good to see that you got it solved, though.
    Thanked by: