- 9 Posts
Are the Digitizer and screen epoxied together?
Dropped my Maxx, and cracked my screen. I see OEM replacements are only $36, and I've replaced countless iphone screens for myself and others, so I think I am up for the task.
Every tear down video for the ultra or maxx ends when people separate the LCD/Digitizer combo and then starting the reassembly. It looks like it is extremely easy to remove the LCD/Screen combo, only 7 screws total.
Once I have the LCD/Screen away from the phone, Is it possible to replace the digitizer (glass) only?
Last edited by chauncycat; 02-05-2014 at 12:14 PM.
- 9 Posts
- 03-04-2014, 03:04 PM #3
- Yesterday, 07:08 PM #4
Re: Are the Digitizer and screen epoxied together?
Yes they separate. You have to use heat and allot of patience but the glass comes off. The glass replacement has a connector which is for the soft keys. I am currently using one I replaced just the glass on. The other hard part is finding an adhesive. There are none available yet. I used double sided tape worked for a short time but began to come apart. I used a couple drops of super glue. Has been fine since. Hope it helps.
Posted via Android Central App
- By Ghostnyc in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 6Last Post: 02-21-2014, 04:08 PM
- By B. Diddy in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 36Last Post: 02-11-2014, 08:58 PM
- By salukibrandon in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 02-05-2014, 11:00 PM
- By Guysakar in forum Moto XReplies: 6Last Post: 02-05-2014, 12:48 PM
- By Charles Poulsen in forum T-Mobile LG G2Replies: 0Last Post: 02-05-2014, 11:18 AM