Droid MAXX price drop

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I've been on the fence whether to upgrade my RAZR MAXX on an UD line. Yesterday the MAXX price subsidized was $199. This morning it was $99. Decision made.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I've been on the fence whether to upgrade my RAZR MAXX on an UD line. Yesterday the MAXX price subsidized was $199. This morning it was $99. Decision made.

Nice! Looks like waiting paid off
Congrats :)

bigrobi24

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: MAXX price drop

Is that at Verizon? It been $99 at best buy for a bit. Either way, perfect for me when my upgrade hits on Wednesday. Wonder if this signals new phones about to land?

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Is that at Verizon? It been $99 at best buy for a bit. Either way, perfect for me when my upgrade hits on Wednesday. Wonder if this signals new phones about to land?

They are the only company with the MAXX, no?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

bigrobi24

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

They are the only company with the MAXX, no?

Well, what I meant was if you use Verizon off of Best Buy Mobile, they had it for $99 for a while now. I was going to go down to Best Buy and see if they offer/match the current $60 monthly plan that Verizon just started up, but now that Verizon has the phone at $99, it doesn't matter.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Well, what I meant was if you use Verizon off of Best Buy Mobile, they had it for $99 for a while now. I was going to go down to Best Buy and see if they offer/match the current $60 monthly plan that Verizon just started up, but now that Verizon has the phone at $99, it doesn't matter.

Ah, gotcha....

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site

I was considering the Droid Maxx before I signed up with Verizon last week. Now I'm even more temped. I have a week to do any exchanges. I see that the S4 also just went down to $99 at VZW today too. I'm super tempted to give the Droid Maxx a run for it and return my original device.

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

How does the new price, affect
Verizon "Edge.?" I looked online, and saw that it was $99, with a new 2 year agreement.
I bought the MAXX, one week ago, but I decided to do the Verizon Edge route.
Does Verizon do a price match, if they lowered the price just one week later.
Thank you for any response.

Sent from my DROID MAXX!!!!

BlueLions81

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

I was considering the Droid Maxx before I signed up with Verizon last week. Now I'm even more temped. I have a week to do any exchanges. I see that the S4 also just went down to $99 at VZW today too. I'm super tempted to give the Droid Maxx a run for it and return my original device.
I love my Maxx. The big battery is great. That was the main thing that drew me to this phone, but the big screen is great too. It's not too big, it's the perfect size. I looked at the S4 and Note 3, but went with the Maxx. I have no regrets. I definitely feel like I picked the right phone for me.

rgeese

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

THANKS to the OP! My MAXX is just 10 days old, and I paid $200 + tax for it. Would Verizon price match the new $100 price? It's worth a try! So I made a trip to the store, expecting to be firm with them, with no satisfaction. Not to be! They were very willing to price match, no questions asked. I walked out of the store with a $107.50 credit on my credit card. It was a good day! Thanks again Sandman333 for tipping me off.

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site

THANKS to the OP! My MAXX is just 10 days old, and I paid $200 + tax for it. Would Verizon price match the new $100 price? It's worth a try! So I made a trip to the store, expecting to be firm with them, with no satisfaction. Not to be! They were very willing to price match, no questions asked. I walked out of the store with a $107.50 credit on my credit card. It was a good day! Thanks again Sandman333 for tipping me off.

Just curious, what made you pick the Maxx over other devices?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I'm going to round numbers so it's easier on the eyes, but the Maxx was $200 during the holidays (which is what it was just days ago), and I needed a phone and decided to go with it in mid-December. A week later, it dropped to $150. Went to the store and they refunded the $50 difference, no questions asked.

Verizon is great at doing this stuff. I've never had issues with stuff like that.

njgsregal

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site

@ best buy it is 99 but they are offering a 50$ coupon if you sign up on their website your # and email address. Got mine last night for $50 plus tax great deal and I am loving the phone food luck all.

njgsregal

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site

You can upgrade now just found out you can upgrade 7 days before you are do. Check out best buy sign up online you get a 50 off coupon. Brings Maxx to 49 +tax

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget if you have comcast xfinity triple play you get a $150 visa in 4 to 6 weeks.

Also can do mototradeup with promo code MOTOJB100 in store with a qualifying device. I used a motorola electrify from work. Bought a motorola Admiral for $15 on eBay in case I need to upgrade another line.

That's a total of $250 in free money here people...

Sent from my XT1080m using Tapatalk

rgeese

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

Just curious, what made you pick the Maxx over other devices?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My old phone was a Samsung Galaxy Nexus that was 2 years old. I liked the phone, but the battery life was terrible. I had been eyeing the MAXX for its battery life, but just couldn't justify it. Then one day a couple of weeks ago, I lost (yes, I actually lost) my GN somewhere in a mall parking garage, as near as I can tell. So it was time to make the move. My grief over losing my phone rapidly subsided after using the MAXX for a few days; better, faster, and the battery life is phenomenal. I really love this phone. I don't know how any phone could be any better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca