1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Default Droid Maxx and the Pebble Smartwatch

I returned my Qualcomm Toq because it had a problem with email notifications on the DM. Has anyone had experience the the Pebble watch? Any problems pairing or receiving notifications?

Default Re: Droid Maxx and the Pebble Smartwatch

I have a pebble and a MAXX. They work fine together. I have it set to do SMS, Gmail and phone nothifications.
    I have been pretty impressed with the Pebble and I really like the MAXX.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by spinnerfarm View Post
    I have a pebble and a MAXX. They work fine together. I have it set to do SMS, Gmail and phone nothifications.
    I have been pretty impressed with the Pebble and I really like the MAXX.
    Ditto. The Pebble is great.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Thanks for the feedback on the Pebble. I have ordered a Pebble Steel and was doing a little due diligence to be sure there will be no problems.

I can't wait for Mine to arrive

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    ROM
    ROM whore + Leankernal

Its the better than a KitKat - like having peanutbutter and chocolate together - Reese's PBC good.

Global Posts
    783 Global Posts

Augmented Smartwatch Pro + Maxx + Pebble is a great combo.

I also have the Pebble. Love it! I am only using mine for notifications for email, SMS, and my local news alerts.

Warning: I am using the Notification Center for Pebble app to get these notifications. Great app but right now it is broken if you updated it to the latest version. Won't work now unless you have Pebble 2.0 which isn't out yet. Fortunately I was able to roll back the update by side loading the previous version. Hopefully the author will fix this soon or Pebble 2.0 will be out.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Just received the Pebble and updated the Android app to 2.0.1.3 and am unable to receive email notifications from the Droid Maxx. Any one else have this problem?

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    ROM
    ROM whore + Leankernal

Make sure you go into all the pebble settings and check the boxes for the notifications you want. If you already did that, I can't say. Mine is working fine.

What app do you use for email? I use Aquamail and to get it to my Pebble I have to use another app also. I use the Notification Center for Pebble. One word of caution though. The new updated version of the Notification Center will only work with the new updated Pebble watch 2.0. So be sure you update your watch to 2.0 prior to installing the Notification Center. My Pebble watch was updated to 2.0 two days ago btw. Once Notification Center is installed you simply check the notifications you wish to receive.

Quote Originally Posted by sddenizen View Post
    Just received the Pebble and updated the Android app to 2.0.1.3 and am unable to receive email notifications from the Droid Maxx. Any one else have this problem?
    I am very deliberately waiting for a few weeks before I update the Pebble app for it to get stable. I've been reading about all of the problems people had with the beta versions; it looked like a disaster, for the most part, and I'm not sure I'm all that impressed with what I have read with 2.0 so far. Version 1 is working just fine for me. (Though I don't use email notifications anyway.)

Sorry not to have an answer... I'd consider doing a factory reset the Pebble and rebuild everything from scratch, including the BT connection?