Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Droid Maxx or LG G2?

    Im thinking about going back to the maxx. I had the maxx for two days but went to the g2. Is the maxx really that much better then the lg when it comes to battery?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-08-2014 at 08:30 PM.
  2. #2  
    joe_fresh's Avatar

    Posts
    416 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,507 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

    Default Re: Maxx or lg g2?

    I would say the maxx has the better battery life. But I left moto because I got bored with the design of the phone. The G2 I found to be unusable with the buttons on the back, not to say that it is poorly designed but my hands are stiff and sore most of the time and hard to find the buttons on back.
    Blackberry Curve 8330 - Blackberry Storm 2 9550 - iPod Touch 4th gen - Apple Iphone 4 - Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Motorola RAZR HD (wife) - HTC One
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Maxx or lg g2?

    Quote Originally Posted by xxventanaxx View Post
    Im thinking about going back to the maxx. I had the maxx for two days but went to the g2. Is the maxx really that much better then the lg when it comes to battery?
    The battery is larger, so the Maxx should last longer. I'm curious as to why you had the Maxx, then went to the G2, and now thinking about back to the Maxx. Are you basing this solely on battery life? If so, the Maxx has an edge. I don't know HOW much better, but it is. Since the battery is pretty big in the G2, it should also last pretty long too.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Maxx or lg g2?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigrobi24 View Post
    The battery is larger, so the Maxx should last longer. I'm curious as to why you had the Maxx, then went to the G2, and now thinking about back to the Maxx. Are you basing this solely on battery life? If so, the Maxx has an edge. I don't know HOW much better, but it is. Since the battery is pretty big in the G2, it should also last pretty long too.
    seemed the battery was dropping faster then the iphone 5 but I guess it wasn't. I thought I knew what I wanted but when I went back to the lg I was like no I need the droid maxx.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Maxx or lg g2?

    The LG has a lot of power going on so it's no surprise the battery suffers on it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. #6  
    Umass021's Avatar

    Posts
    641 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Maxx or lg g2?

    I had the g2 before the maxx. Both are great phones and its all about personal preference. I ended up staying with the maxx because it was stock android.

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Maxx or lg g2?

    Quote Originally Posted by rockitdog23 View Post
    The LG has a lot of power going on so it's no surprise the battery suffers on it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm baffled by this post?

    Sue the Maxx gets great battery performance but the G2 is no slouch by any means

    Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Maxx or lg g2?

    Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    I'm baffled by this post?

    Sue the Maxx gets great battery performance but the G2 is no slouch by any means

    Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Not saying its a slouch at all but when you take such a brilliant screen and combines with a speedy high powered processor it's a recipe for quick battery drain. The G2 has a lot going in under the hood.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Maxx or lg g2?

    Quote Originally Posted by xxventanaxx View Post
    Im thinking about going back to the maxx. I had the maxx for two days but went to the g2. Is the maxx really that much better then the lg when it comes to battery?
    I loved my L2 but got rid of it because of bad GPS reception. I use a lot of apps for walking and hiking. Using an App like GPS status Pro the L2 would see about 22 satellites and connect to 2 or 3. My Maxx sees about 22 and connects to 8 to 10 of them with accuracy of as close as 10 feet. Phone reception on the LG G2 was not as good either but was not the deal breaker.
    Things I like about the L2...Knock on or what ever they call it worked great for me (some say it does not work good for them). The LG smart cover really worked nice for me, turns the phone to wake from sleep. The LG three button headset really works good and if rooted and using the app Headset Droid you have the Google now fix so you can configure a long hold. The IRBlaster worked my blinds, lights, Google TV, cable box, and any thing else I wanted to set up with it. The camera is really good.
    People say the Maxx comes with a minimum of Bloat ware but between Motorola and Verizon it seems to have quite a bit.
    Wireless charging works great on both and the Active Control on the Maxx works good.
    If the LG had the Radios of the Maxx I would have one. But over all I am very happy with my Maxx.
    Thanked by:
    JS5900 
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Maxx or lg g2?

    Quote Originally Posted by rockitdog23 View Post
    Not saying its a slouch at all but when you take such a brilliant screen and combines with a speedy high powered processor it's a recipe for quick battery drain. The G2 has a lot going in under the hood.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't know any phone besides the Maxx that trumps the G2 in battery life. So to describe it as having quick battery drain is just false.

    Just seeing how well the battery last has me reevaluating what matters most in a phone to me.

    The Maxx seems to be a very nice phone and coupled with the stellar battery I think it has to be among the top devices on Verizon



    My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Maxx or lg g2?

    Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    I don't know any phone besides the Maxx that trumps the G2 in battery life. So to describe it as having quick battery drain is just false.

    Just seeing how well the battery last has me reevaluating what matters most in a phone to me.

    The Maxx seems to be a very nice phone and coupled with the stellar battery I think it has to be among the top devices on Verizon
    My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One
    The Maxx does trump the battery life of the G2 but both are so good it was not a deciding factor to me. I have had both and am happy with my Maxx and my Son is happy with his free G2.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Maxx or lg g2?

    The Maxx sounds great! Just that darn camera holding me back!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Maxx or lg g2?

    Quote Originally Posted by rockitdog23 View Post
    The Maxx sounds great! Just that darn camera holding me back!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes if you want a top camera in a phone don't get the Maxx. I got it because the poor camera was not a deal breaker for me.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Maxx or lg g2?

    They both get great battery life. The G2 gets 7-8 hrs. screen on time and only has to be charged every other day. Only the Maxx and Note get comparable battery life.

    Other than the battery, what else do you need from a smartphone? A list of pros and cons should help you decide between Maxx and G2.

    Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    ffejjj 
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Maxx or lg g2?

    The build quality of the Maxx should not be overlooked, feels great in your hand. Radios in the motos are the best. If the Maxx were offered by all the carriers it would be a much bigger contender.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Maxx or lg g2?

    It is offered by all carriers, its called the Moto X
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Droid Maxx or LG G2?

    From what I've read is that the snapdragon 800 manages battery a lot better then previous versions. I'm happy with the battery life on my G2. It took a few days for it to start getting good battery life when I first got it.

    Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Droid Maxx or LG G2?

    The moto x? The Maxx has a bigger screen, way bigger battery, wireless charging and that great feeling Kevlar back.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jay Sacks; 02-11-2014 at 08:30 AM.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default Re: Droid Maxx or LG G2?

    ended up going back to the droid maxx and im finally happy
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Droid Maxx or LG G2?

    Quote Originally Posted by xxventanaxx View Post
    ended up going back to the droid maxx and im finally happy
    Dont get too happy I'm sure the next great phone is right around the corner

    Posted via Android Central App
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Maxx or lg g2?

    Quote Originally Posted by SactoKingsFan View Post
    They both get great battery life. The G2 gets 7-8 hrs. screen on time and only has to be charged every other day. Only the Maxx and Note get comparable battery life.

    Other than the battery, what else do you need from a smartphone? A list of pros and cons should help you decide between Maxx and G2.

    Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk
    I don't get that with my Maxx. I can get 4 hours of screen time in a day and a half. Heck right now my battery is at 92% after 33 min of on screen time and 36 min. Overall.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default Re: Maxx or lg g2?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLions81 View Post
    I don't get that with my Maxx. I can get 4 hours of screen time in a day and a half. Heck right now my battery is at 92% after 33 min of on screen time and 36 min. Overall.
    That doesn't seem like right

    Posted via Android Central App
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Maxx or lg g2?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLions81 View Post
    I don't get that with my Maxx. I can get 4 hours of screen time in a day and a half. Heck right now my battery is at 92% after 33 min of on screen time and 36 min. Overall.
    That's faster battery drain than I would expect from the Maxx. I get over an hour screen time on the G2 from 100%-90. You should monitor battery usage with Gsam app and wakelock detector.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

    Default Re: Droid Maxx or LG G2?

    85% 4 hours 1 minute 1 hour 27 screen time. This is one charge though so gotta charge a couple more days for tg battery memory

    Posted via Android Central App
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Droid Maxx or LG G2?

    Battery life on both phones is great and should not factor In to your decision on which phone to choose.

    Posted via Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-01-2014, 08:20 AM
  2. Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card
    By peachtree14 in forum Other Tablets
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-26-2014, 08:54 AM
  3. Better buy at $99: Droid Maxx or Galaxy S4??
    By rockitdog23 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-10-2014, 04:02 PM
  4. Note 3 to LG G2?
    By JAG21979 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-07-2014, 11:58 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-07-2014, 03:32 PM

Posting Permissions