Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Overall, is the Droid Maxx a great phone?

Using my last switch during these 14 days and want to go back to droid maxx. am I making the right decision? Have been a iphone user my entire life and I believe when I owned the maxx for 2 days it was like the iphone for ease. this lg g2 is just too hard.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-08-2014 at 04:50 PM.

Default Re: Overall Is the Droid Maxx a great phone

Quote Originally Posted by xxventanaxx View Post
    Using my last switch during these 14 days and want to go back to droid maxx. am I making the right decision? Have been a iphone user my entire life and I believe when I owned the maxx for 2 days it was like the iphone for ease. this lg g2 is just too hard.
    What was the last line you wrote? You went with the iPhone because it was easier? The maxx is an amazing phone and most Android lovers who have been in the Android os for years and years love it like me. I would recommend it to anyone and will continue recommending it till they make a phone that does not quite live up to the name which will never happen. It is about as stock of a android os that you will get without going to the nexus 5

Posted via my DROID MAXX
    Rooted and flashed: HTC EVO 4, Motorola Photon 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, and Nexus 7

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Droid Maxx is the best phone I have ever owned and I've had BB, Apple (iPhone 5), and Nokia 928 (windows) phones. Love the "google now", notifications, and active display functions.

The only thing that is stopping me from getting the Droid Maxx is the camera. I just haven't seen enough people stating that it is more the just ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rockitdog23 View Post
    The only thing that is stopping me from getting the Droid Maxx is the camera. I just haven't seen enough people stating that it is more the just ok.

Yup, Motorola needs to work on their cameras if they want to stay competitive in the future. To be fair, these are "phone" cameras, so they are never going to be as good as a regular camera. But the fact that other phones have a much better camera than the Droids makes it feel like they are skimping on us when we know the camera can do better.
    Thanked by:

Is the Maxx a great device?

Yes. Yes, it is.

Well to tell you the truth for someone who uses the camera once a year with the accidental picture in the pocket or something like that camera means nothing to me.

Posted via my DROID MAXX
    Rooted and flashed: HTC EVO 4, Motorola Photon 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, and Nexus 7

Global Posts
    980 Global Posts

As I've said in other threads, the Maxx is the first phone that works with my life and not forcing me to work around it. Unbelievable. I really cannot understand why anyone can buy a different phone. The Moto stuff is amazing itself with the Active Listening, Notifications, quick camera twist of the wrist. Then the battery life, large screen, endless customizing with Android that Apple will not permit!....on and on and on. Oh, and the best radios in the market. It still is a phone, after all.

Is the 294 ppi noticeable? That seems fairly middle of the road by today's standards

Yes, the battery lasts longer.

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

Some observations have indicated that the unaided human eye can generally not differentiate detail beyond 300 PPI;[4] however, this figure depends both on the distance between viewer and image, and the viewers visual acuity. The human eye also responds differently to bright, evenly lit and interactive display, than prints on paper. If your holding the phone at proper distance from your face then you'll be just fine. I think proper viewing distance is around 10 inches or more. So unless your trying to lick your screen while you watch, it'll be just fine.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Overall, is the Droid Maxx a great phone?

Love my droid maxx. Just wish they'd make more cases.

Sent from my XT1080m using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by jfriend33 View Post
    Love my droid maxx. Just wish they'd make more cases.

Sent from my XT1080m using Tapatalk
    That's my thoughts. My MAXX should be here Monday. I got the Otterbox Commuter from Verizon. With our account discount, it was ~$22, which is cheaper than I could get it on Amazon. I'm very disappointed that Seidio won't be making anything for the MAXX. I'm going to miss the Dilex case from my RAZR MAXX.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman333 View Post
    That's my thoughts. My MAXX should be here Monday. I got the Otterbox Commuter from Verizon. With our account discount, it was ~$22, which is cheaper than I could get it on Amazon. I'm very disappointed that Seidio won't be making anything for the MAXX. I'm going to miss the Dilex case from my RAZR MAXX.
    No offense but I absolutely hated the commuter case. Too darn bulky. May as well get defender.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk