2% in hour of use?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
battery indicators are not an exact science. they are in general inaccurate and non-linear. also - the phone stops charging at 100% to prevent damage to battery and it will fluctuate between 98-100% even when plugged in.

don't watch every percentage. stop obsessing. ignore it and lower your level of anxiety.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Depending on your signal, screen brightness and a few other settings. 2% could be perfectly normal

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

xxventanaxx

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
OK just seems like my girlfriends iPhone is lasting longer. Any tips on conserving battery life? Like disabling some stuff?

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
OK just seems like my girlfriends iPhone is lasting longer. Any tips on conserving battery life? Like disabling some stuff?

The iPhone has better idle drain. I guarantee your phone lasts longer when actually in use

rlmesq

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

Don't just go by the battery indicator an hour after taking your phone off of the charger. Run both phones until they power down due to low battery. I'm willing to bet your Maxx will still be running strong long after the iPhone goes dark.

xxventanaxx

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm at 89% right now. 3 hours on but I have been playing words with friends matching with friends draw me. Making ringtone Facebook and android central app. 1 hour 6 minutes of screen time

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm at 89% right now. 3 hours on but I have been playing words with friends matching with friends draw me. Making ringtone Facebook and android central app. 1 hour 6 minutes of screen time

That's great battery life! At 89% I usually have around 35-40 minutes of screen on time.
You're on pace for more than 9 hours of screen time :eek:
The iPhone probably gets around 4

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i suffer no hardships doing this -

Battery Tips for Android

1. Toggle off GPS, BT, NFC, Hotspot/Tethering. Toggle on only as needed. (Switch to "Battery Saving" Mode).
2. Display Brightness - Turn off Auto Brightness and Reduce Setting Bar to Minimum Acceptable to you.
3. Sign out of any unused Google Services like G+, Google Now, etc.
4. Disable Location Reporting/History.
5. Beware of constantly syncing in background Apps and Bloatware like Facebook, Twitter, Google News and Weather, Google Currents, Non-Push Email, etc. Set Sync interval for every 1 hour or more and change settings to stop the syncing of data you don't need. Delete the Apps you never use.
6. Turn Off Hot Word "Hotword Detection" Always Listening Mode in Google Search if you don't use it.
7. Turn Off Auto Camera/Photo Upload or at least set it for Upload on WIFI Only.
8. Turn Off Vibrate on Touch for Display, Keyboard, etc.
9. Turn Off Touch Sounds and Unlock Sounds.
10. Don't use Live Wallpaper. Use a dark wallpaper if possible.
11. Set Display Sleep Setting to 2 Minutes or Less.
12. Set WIFI to Always stay on during Sleep if you regularly use WIFI.
13. Uncheck "Always Scanning" in WIFI settings.
14. Turn Off Always Vibrate in Gmail/Email.
15. Be careful of using too many Live Widgets and what/how often they sync.
16. Set MS Exchange Sync at 30 Days or Less.
17. Do NOT use a Task Killer App or Battery Saver App.

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
You cannot compare Apples to Apples here, no pun intended. It really depends on what your phone is doing while idle compared to other devices. I will use my phone for example:
While idling, I have two (2) Gmail accounts polling and one (1) Exchange accounts on push. Exchange includes email, contacts, and calendar, Gmail accounts do not (email, only). I do not have Facebook or Twitter pushing anything. Play store does not "auto update". Besides email, calendar, and contacts, I try to disable all push services except for the core Google services. I also have weather (BE Weather) polling hourly.

I am sure I missed something, but the point is everybodys phone runs differently. I am not even getting into actual screen and app usage while actually using the device.

IMHO, 2% in an hour is not bad at all. 50 hours would be nice to achieve on a charge :)

EDIT: Also, I am connected to WIFI and BT most of the time with GPS on, NFC Off. If you are on a 4G signal instead of WIFI, your battery will drain faster.

xxventanaxx

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I use WiFi all the time now since I changed to a 1gb per month plan t save money. I'm at 76% left with 7 hours and 2 hours 14 minute screen time. So it is good :)

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't turn anything off and if I simply put my phone down and not use it, it drains 1 percent an hour and it drains about 3 percent an hour with moderate use. Two percent an hour is nothing to worry about.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I use WiFi all the time now since I changed to a 1gb per month plan t save money. I'm at 76% left with 7 hours and 2 hours 14 minute screen time. So it is good :)

Coincidentally I'm also at 76%
Check out my stats

Attachments

• 1392000058793.jpg
    1392000058793.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 1392000071577.jpg
    1392000071577.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 36

rlmesq

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Off charger 9 hours 28 minutes. 50 minutes screen time. Everything on, brightness on auto, screen timeout at 30 seconds. Still at 81% battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad