Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problems with google now and dialing with pauses

I have a conference bridge I need to be on every morning (usually when driving to work). The contact is set up as "morning call" which dials an 800 number then 3 commas (pauses) then a 6 digit passcode for the bridge. When I manually select the contact to dial, it works perfectly every time. When I say "Ok google now, call morning call" it dials the 800 number, then stops. It NEVER dials the passcode.

Anyone have any ideas?

Default Re: Problems with google now and dialing with pauses

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter9 View Post
    I have a conference bridge I need to be on every morning (usually when driving to work). The contact is set up as "morning call" which dials an 800 number then 3 commas (pauses) then a 6 digit passcode for the bridge. When I manually select the contact to dial, it works perfectly every time. When I say "Ok google now, call morning call" it dials the 800 number, then stops. It NEVER dials the passcode.

Anyone have any ideas?
    No idea how to fix, but I have the exact same issue with my wife's office number. I dial directly, and the number pauses like it should, then enters her extension. Going the "ok, google now" route never gets the extension entered. Nice to see I'm not the only one with the issue, lol.

Global Posts
    950 Global Posts

Check out Prefixer, a free app that lets you set dialing rules.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...below.prefixer

I use it to make calls through two separate Google Voice numbers. Calls to my contracts are routed through my "real" GV number, so they see the number that rings my phone. When I call someone who's not in contracts, it's dialed through a different number. If the person hits redial, their call goes to my secretary.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
    Check out Prefixer, a free app that lets you set dialing rules.
    I use it to make calls through two separate Google Voice numbers. Calls to my contracts are routed through my "real" GV number, so they see the number that rings my phone. When I call someone who's not in contracts, it's dialed through a different number. If the person hits redial, their call goes to my secretary.
    Don't see how that would help my particular problem. But thanks.
    The contact works (with pauses and passcode) when selected manually. It just doesn't work correctly with "ok google now"

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter9 View Post

Anyone have any ideas?
    I'm not 100% sure, but the Google Search app responds to "Ok Google" when it is open and the screen is on. Maybe you can use "Ok Google Now. Open Google" to start the Google Now app, and then use "Ok Google" on that app to dial the number?

It sounds dumb, but I just did "Ok Google Now. Open Google" and it started Google Now for me.

Global Posts
    950 Global Posts

If you set up Prefixer to intercept that number and dial it, that would prevent Google Now from interfering with the number.

I have a similar issue with the recent calls list in my car's Bluetooth address book; it drops the pauses needed to negotiate a voicemail tree when accessing an account I use to dictate letters.

Try setting up a Prefixer rule that recognizes your number. It might work if you don't set any conditions at all, or you might have to set it to add, remove or replace some characters. Either way, I think it will solve your issue.

I had a similar problem and It would not work till I set the DTMF tones to long and it timed out with a six second delay. After setting the DTMF tones to long and only two pauses or commas "that equals 4 seconds) it worked perfect. Each pause is two seconds. Hope this helps.