Bug Report Captured

gshowarth

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Greetings! The following instructions will stop Bug Reports in 90% of cases. There are ways to inadvertently enable the USB debugging option in Android 4+, which generates these reports. These instructions will allow you to deactivate that option.

1. Go to Settings and scroll to the bottom of the menu
2. If you see "Developer options" go to step 3
2a. If you do not see Developer options, select About phone, scroll to the bottom of the menu
2b. Press "Build number" seven times, this will make you a developer.
2c. Go back and scroll to the bottom of Settings
3. Enter Developer options menu
4. Uncheck USB deugging
You've now deactivated the Bug Reports

Some programs, like FoxFi require USB debugging for certain activities, such as tethering with USB. The small crashes occur frequently and often don't affect the user experience. These reports give detailed information when a crash occurs, which can help developers. I hope this relieves some aggravation.

Rob Zanni

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
To get rid of "Bug Report" go into your setting and scrool to the bottom to Developer Options and TURN OFF ADB DEBUGGING If you DO NOT have a Developer Options go to about phone and click on Build # about 7 times and that will open the Developer options on your phone. Good Luck

shamaryounge

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
:D:D this is normal if the developer options are enabled on your device, in the developer options, there is an option to take a bug report now, an option to include it in the power menu and an option to schedule automatic reports, turn off the option to schedule automatic reports.

NaultCom

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
:D:D this is normal if the developer options are enabled on your device, in the developer options, there is an option to take a bug report now, an option to include it in the power menu and an option to schedule automatic reports, turn off the option to schedule automatic reports.

Where is this schedule bug report option? I see everything else you mentioned but nothing about a schedule.

Yourhindass

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
I know I'm real late on this but I've had this problem since I purchased this phone in Nov. I highly doubt that theres an innocent explanation. It is NSA. How can our buttons be this sensitive. We need yo wake up and educate ourselves to this mess.

This made me laugh so hard had to register. There are meds for this. Just sayin.

mybraves2

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
The solution for all Android phones regardless of your carrier regarding bug report captured. You may need to call your carrier or the manufacturer for Specific Instructions however you need to go into your settings and find developer options. Turn off USB debugging and turn off developer options. This should rectify everyone's issue with bug report captured.

oldponggeezer

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Haha...love Verizon's canned "factory reset" answer for EVERYTHING. They always say that. ALWAYS. Came to the forum because I just got this notice for first time today. Was changing cases for the weekend and mashing all kinds of buttons in the process. Screen capture thing makes sense. I justed swiped notice to delete it. Thx forum!

Chris Miller27

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone else randomly get a notification that a bug report has been captured and ask you to email it, place it in dropbox or drive? At least once per week I get this. At first I thought that if I emailed it, then it was Google/Moto looking for bug reports to fix, but when I try to send the email it emails it to ME!

Just wondering if I'm alone here.

I started getting them and found out that a girl I was dating put tracking software on my phone... the hacker texts a code to you and the msg never shows up but triggers the software to send your location back to them which also doesn't show up in your msgs... every time it would send the location it would do a bug report so in essence it was the system of my phone catching the errors...there may be other reasons as well... I'm not sure... I wish Motorola would look into it and and see if its more related to undetectable spyware

Last edited by a moderator:

Dev Tech

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
This happens because you have your developer options switched on
And of you press power button + volume up and down keys a bug report is generated. Hope this helps!👍

justmewaitin

Jan 29, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone else randomly get a notification that a bug report has been captured and ask you to email it, place it in dropbox or drive? At least once per week I get this. At first I thought that if I emailed it, then it was Google/Moto looking for bug reports to fix, but when I try to send the email it emails it to ME!

Just wondering if I'm alone here.

I've got a GALAXY NOTE 2THE PAST 5 DAYS I'VE GOT BUG REPORTS I QAS JUST WONDERING WHAT TO DO BOUT THEM

Jason Souliere

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
Yes. All the f'ing time. Why? It's Android that's why. I don't even care if there's a solution to the problem. It's Android. I never had any problems with my BlackBerry Z30. Not a one. Thought I'd give Android another shot because after all, it's been 6 years so they would have improved it right? Yes somewhat. But still is nothing compared to the innovative BlackBerry OS. **sigh**

A screen shot is captured when pwr+vol down. I still get random bug reporting when pwr+vol down. About every 20th time.

Radobirov

Jun 1, 2017
Visit site
The exact same thing happens to me. Why would I want to email a bug report to myself? I know nothing about writing apps or fixing apps and to be honest....I don't want to know how to fix an app...I've got better things to do with my time then to spend most of my time playing or working on Smartphone.... Quite honestly....I'm a dummy when it comes to this stuff. I know I have all kinds of Apps on my Nexus 5 that I will never use or even know what the app does. Such as SDK MANAGER, and SIM Toolkit, and other stuff.....Can anyone tell me if it is safe to remove pre installed apps that I don't use....such as HANGOUTS, or EARTH or GOOGLE PLAY BOOKS, or GOOGLE PLAY NEWSSTAND? I get message that tells me that other apps might misbehave.

You can disable every single one that you don't use. I do it all the time on my phones, my family's and my friend's phones. It makes the phone faster and you get less updates

Bobby_Phoenix

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
This is meant to be an answer, which now have done properly but can't find option to delete it.

I'm trying to find out how to delete them to (even just find them). I'm on unrooted 7.1.1, and have taken several bug reports, but nowhere can I find them to delete them. No folders saying "bug reports', or anything like that. I do a search for "bug" and only get an empty cache folder. I turned off USB debugging, and even turned off developer options thinking they would just be automatically deleted, but to test it, I turned them back on, and took another bug report, and it keeps upping the number (like "Taking bug report #5 "). So the system either thinks the old ones are there, or they are there taking up space I want back.

Onlyfoolsandhorses

Sep 4, 2021
Visit site
Greetings! The following instructions will stop Bug Reports in 90% of cases. There are ways to inadvertently enable the USB debugging option in Android 4+, which generates these reports. These instructions will allow you to deactivate that option.

1. Go to Settings and scroll to the bottom of the menu
2. If you see "Developer options" go to step 3
2a. If you do not see Developer options, select About phone, scroll to the bottom of the menu
2b. Press "Build number" seven times, this will make you a developer.
2c. Go back and scroll to the bottom of Settings
3. Enter Developer options menu
4. Uncheck USB deugging
You've now deactivated the Bug Reports

Some programs, like FoxFi require USB debugging for certain activities, such as tethering with USB. The small crashes occur frequently and often don't affect the user experience. These reports give detailed information when a crash occurs, which can help developers. I hope this relieves some aggravation.

Mine appeared after connection to WiFi at a train station, maybe it was fox-fi

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante