Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By perkdog65
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bug Report Captured

Does anyone else randomly get a notification that a bug report has been captured and ask you to email it, place it in dropbox or drive? At least once per week I get this. At first I thought that if I emailed it, then it was Google/Moto looking for bug reports to fix, but when I try to send the email it emails it to ME!

Just wondering if I'm alone here.

Global Posts
    764 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Bug Report Captured

Not me as far as I know. I wonder if an app you installed is causing it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

As a matter of fact I got one last night. But I have gotten at least one other one a while back. Not as often as you have been though, once a week. I dropped it in my dropbox instead of emailing it and it was like a 11MB txt file....WOW.
    Update...I think I figured out what happened to cause mine. When I got it last night I was tryin to do a screen capture and forgot which volume button to hit so I hit the UP vol button first before I hit the correct one (DOWN vol) along with the power button. So just now I tried the same combination, PWR button and UP vol, and I got another notice of a bug report captured.
    Droid Maxx
    Running 4.4 Kit Kat

US Navy CPO Ret
    Thanked by:
    Cincybearcatfan likes this.

ROM
    Kang/CM10

Yeah... I get this too... Its an enigma for me as well. Happens on both dalvik and ART runtimes.

Sent from my XT1080M (Droid Maxx) using Tapatalk 4 Pro
    Motorola Droid Maxx

Samsung Galaxy Nexus - RIP
    CM10 Jellybro Jelly Bean

Asus Nexus 7
    AOKP JB Milestone 1
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Speak of the devil and the devil appears. It just happened again. Take a look:

It had this image attached to the big report.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by perkdog65 View Post
    As a matter of fact I got one last night. But I have gotten at least one other one a while back. Not as often as you have been though, once a week. I dropped it in my dropbox instead of emailing it and it was like a 11MB txt file....WOW.
    Update...I think I figured out what happened to cause mine. When I got it last night I was tryin to do a screen capture and forgot which volume button to hit so I hit the UP vol button first before I hit the correct one (DOWN vol) along with the power button. So just now I tried the same combination, PWR button and UP vol, and I got another notice of a bug report captured.
    I think you are right! I just tried to recreate it and YES, every time I hold volume up and power, about 30 seconds later it produces a bug report. Thanks!

ROM
    Kang/CM10

Did the same thing to reproduce. Good catch!

One thing I noticed, prior to notifying you that there is a bug, it looks like that file gets uploaded automatically to Google's servers. You are essentially uploading an 11 mb to google without knowing it has been sent to them. Like a status indicator or something.

Sent from my XT1080M (Droid Maxx) using Tapatalk 4 Pro
    Motorola Droid Maxx

Samsung Galaxy Nexus - RIP
    CM10 Jellybro Jelly Bean

Asus Nexus 7
    AOKP JB Milestone 1

Quote Originally Posted by Cincybearcatfan View Post
    Does anyone else randomly get a notification that a bug report has been captured and ask you to email it, place it in dropbox or drive? At least once per week I get this. At first I thought that if I emailed it, then it was Google/Moto looking for bug reports to fix, but when I try to send the email it emails it to ME!

Just wondering if I'm alone here.

I know I'm real late on this but I've had this problem since I purchased this phone in Nov. I highly doubt that theres an innocent explanation. It is NSA. How can our buttons be this sensitive. We need yo wake up and educate ourselves to this mess.

I receive these notifications all the time. I called Verizon. They didn't know anything. They wanted to do a manufacture reset. I called Motorola. They didn't know anything about it, but had me reboot it without losing all my information. I went a week without a bug notification, but then they returned.