Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Einsteindks
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to remove extra home screens?

How do I go about removing the extra home screens on my Droid Maxx? Is that even possible? I'm new to Droids and Motorola.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Default Re: How to remove extra home screens?

Get a launcher app from the market. Apex and Nova are popular. Nova works great for me.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

But what about on the stock OS? I don't want to get a while new launcher yet.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

It's not possible with the stock launcher. If you get a launcher like Nova or Apex you'll be hard pressed to tell the difference from the stock launcher, but you get a lot more customization options. When you install another launcher there is even a "home" in the settings app so you can quickly switch back and forth between the launchers you have on the phone.

Best part is, you can make a backup of your configuration with most launchers now. Not so with stock.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.
    doogald likes this.

You can also use GEL or Google Now Launcher and use as few or as many pages that you want to use. It's free but it does not let you customize as many things as Nova, Apex et.al.

I'm using action launcher, I'm enjoying it so far

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

On my stock Samsung Galaxy S3, from any home screen, pinch the screen. All of the home screens will appear on one screen. There will be a trash can at the bottom or top of the screen; drag the unwanted home screens to the can. If in the future you want to add a screen or 2 back, pinch from any home screen again & click the home screen with the "+" sign in it. I cannot say this works for all droids, but it has on my last 2 models, both Samsungs

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by weedrose View Post
    On my stock Samsung Galaxy S3, from any home screen, pinch the screen. All of the home screens will appear on one screen. There will be a trash can at the bottom or top of the screen; drag the unwanted home screens to the can. If in the future you want to add a screen or 2 back, pinch from any home screen again & click the home screen with the "+" sign in it. I cannot say this works for all droids, but it has on my last 2 models, both Samsungs.
    Too bad, but that does nothing on the Droid Maxx with the stock launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by weedrose View Post
    On my stock Samsung Galaxy S3, from any home screen, pinch the screen. All of the home screens will appear on one screen. There will be a trash can at the bottom or top of the screen; drag the unwanted home screens to the can. If in the future you want to add a screen or 2 back, pinch from any home screen again & click the home screen with the "+" sign in it. I cannot say this works for all droids, but it has on my last 2 models, both Samsungs

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    That's part of Samsung's added software. Some of the features are nice, but I personally prefer not to have the extra bloat of most of it for the few nice features, especially when it's so easy to install something custom.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
    Phone: Droid MAXX
    Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)

Surprised no one spoke up regarding the last case. That is not a Samsung thing, it is an OS thing. The last few versions of Android, just pinch your screen to get the options to edit your screen. This will also give you the ability to remove the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Sams View Post
    Surprised no one spoke up regarding the last case. That is not a Samsung thing, it is an OS thing. The last few versions of Android, just pinch your screen to get the options to edit your screen. This will also give you the ability to remove the screen.
    But it won't on the stock launcher of the Droid Maxx....

Quote Originally Posted by Will Sams View Post
    I'm sorry, but that's not correct. That is not a feature of unmodified Android, it is an added feature on Samsungs. Other manufacturers may have similar added features as well.
    Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
    Phone: Droid MAXX
    Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)

Why would anyone use anything other than the LCARS launcher?

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app