Denying System Update Nag

Barry Test

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I would like to get the maxx. It seems like new ones come with JB. Can I postpone the nag indefinitely or will it eventually update to KK no matter what? I want to do this so foxfi can still be used. I currently have a razr maxx with JB and it does everything I want. I do not want to root. The share everything plan would cause my bill to go from $96 to $150, so for me it would be get screwed on everything plan.
THX

WallaceD

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I would like to get the maxx. It seems like new ones come with JB. Can I postpone the nag indefinitely or will it eventually update to KK no matter what?

I have been denying the KK update since I was first offered. I'm completely stock. So far, the update has NOT been forced.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I have been denying the KK update since I was first offered. I'm completely stock. So far, the update has NOT been forced.

Same here - not rooted, totally stock. Every morning I delay it until 11 something pm.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey, guys....I started a thread about this a few days ago. The only way that I could find to stop that nagging notification is to root your device and use Titanium Backup to disable/freeze MotorolaOTA and Updatder 1.0. Now, if you do this, but sure that you are on 12.15.15...there is a camera update before the KitKat update, which is 19.5.3. Once you are running 12.15.15, use Titanium to feeze MotorolaOTA and Update 1.0 and you will no longer get that notification. Doing this basically makes your phone stop looking for updates and installing them. Works like a charm!

Check out this page...this is about the updates. BTW, your phone came with 12.7.7.

https://motorola-global-portal.cust..._detail/a_id/95417/p/30,6720,8882/action/auth

Here is the main page about your phone:

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/product_page/faqs/p/30,6720,8882/action/auth

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar