- 64 Posts
Denying System Update Nag
I would like to get the maxx. It seems like new ones come with JB. Can I postpone the nag indefinitely or will it eventually update to KK no matter what? I want to do this so foxfi can still be used. I currently have a razr maxx with JB and it does everything I want. I do not want to root. The share everything plan would cause my bill to go from $96 to $150, so for me it would be get screwed on everything plan.
- 02-14-2014, 10:29 PM #2
- 02-15-2014, 12:26 AM #3
- 02-15-2014, 06:26 AM #4
Re: Denying System Update Nag
Hey, guys....I started a thread about this a few days ago. The only way that I could find to stop that nagging notification is to root your device and use Titanium Backup to disable/freeze MotorolaOTA and Updatder 1.0. Now, if you do this, but sure that you are on 12.15.15...there is a camera update before the KitKat update, which is 19.5.3. Once you are running 12.15.15, use Titanium to feeze MotorolaOTA and Update 1.0 and you will no longer get that notification. Doing this basically makes your phone stop looking for updates and installing them. Works like a charm!
Check out this page...this is about the updates. BTW, your phone came with 12.7.7.
Here is the main page about your phone:
- By loaded450r in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 10-28-2014, 03:13 PM
- By mdawdy in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 MiniReplies: 34Last Post: 06-24-2014, 04:57 PM
- By hanly2 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 ActiveReplies: 4Last Post: 04-10-2014, 10:42 AM
- By AshtonVibe in forum AT&T HTC OneReplies: 25Last Post: 02-25-2014, 03:28 PM
- By pringlecake in forum HTC One XReplies: 2Last Post: 02-17-2014, 04:14 PM