DROID MAXX: 4.4.2 update?

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: 4.4.2 update

Soak testing it right now so check your phones they are sending some out.

Posted via my DROID MAXX

Screen shot without PNG layering or it didn't happen :cool:

Also, the fact that XDA hasn't put up anything on the Droid Ultra forums suggests that the above quote is fishy. Don't need to check my phone... just have to know who is trolling and who isn't. Nice try there :)

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Well, when I do a check for updates on my phone, I'm getting an error saying that I need a data connection to check for updates. The signal meter is clearly blue, and I can surf the web on my phone, so I very clearly have a data connection. WTF is going on here?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

There will be a story on the front page of androidcentral.com (in addition to other places) when a soak test invitation email goes out. There always has been, there always will be, unless Motorola vastly reduces the size of the soak test invitation pool and they somehow luck out and send out invitations only to people who are ethical enough to not leak it. The odds of that happening seem very, very remote, based on history.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Well, when I do a check for updates on my phone, I'm getting an error saying that I need a data connection to check for updates. The signal meter is clearly blue, and I can surf the web on my phone, so I very clearly have a data connection. WTF is going on here?

I had the same thing happen on my S3 for the 4.3 update. I thought it might have to do with the fact it wasn't activated on my account (it's a backup phone for anyone on our share plan). The CSR told me it didn't have to be activated to get an update. We tried a bunch of things to correct it, but the only thing that worked was a factory reset. It sucked but I did the reset, and it pulled the update down after 5 minutes. That's after trying for a couple weeks after the OTA went live before I did the reset. I wish I had better news for you.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Have seen Verizon Moto X 4.4.2 on my wife's phone but no big changes.

The only thing I noticed was an improvement in the camera. While not a huge improvement, it's definitely noticeable between my X and the Maxx. The colors seem a bit more vibrant and true, and it seems a bit sharper and the contrast is better. The shots I did were with both on full zoom and framed the same. So hoping for the same improvement when 4.4.2 comes to the Maxx.

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Droid MAXX: 4.4.2 update

Did anyone think it would take this long for 4.4.2 to get to us?? I know its not out for us yet, but I thought we would have been testing it by now..

Posted via Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Did anyone think it would take this long for 4.4.2 to get to us?? I know its not out for us yet, but I thought we would have been testing it by now..

I never have any expectations about updates. They come when they come. My only expectation is that Motorola will always update the X before the Droids. The Moto X update for AT&T is out now, finally, so maybe that means the Droids will get a soak in the next few weeks. Whatever - it comes when it comes.

ThreeChordMonte

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

The latest update for the Motorola Camera App actually says that it is compatible with 4.4.2. Can we take that to mean we should see the update soon?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I never have any expectations about updates. They come when they come. My only expectation is that Motorola will always update the X before the Droids. The Moto X update for AT&T is out now, finally, so maybe that means the Droids will get a soak in the next few weeks. Whatever - it comes when it comes.

I don't get why everyone is saying finally in reference to AT&T getting the 4.4.2 update. If this was about the phones released in 2012, we wouldn't be talking about talking a whole month for the update to make it across all carriers, we'd be talking about which quarter it would be coming in. I realize everyone's not getting it at the same time, but the rollout speeds are light years ahead of anything previous, even for other OEMS as well.

Codger1212

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

I read an article stating that the Droid Razr hd and the Razr M were supposed to get kit kat next. It seemed like we would have to wait until after that. If true, this would **** me off.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

I think the update will push out before other phones get kitkat. I would like a definite answer like most people in here but in reality they are keeping this hush hush pretty well.

Posted via my DROID MAXX

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site

I read an article stating that the Droid Razr hd and the Razr M were supposed to get kit kat next. It seemed like we would have to wait until after that. If true, this would **** me off.

We have Kit Kat, it's 4.4. There is no indication these other devices are slated specifically for 4.4.2, so they may be getting the same thing we got 2 months ago.

I really do hope we get some word on 4.4.2, but am not overly concerned, since 4.4 seems to work pretty well.

Cheers!

Codger1212

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

I understand that but I was hoping we would get our next update sooner rather than later, thats all. Thought we would get. 4.4.2 next before the old moto's got 4.4. Only thing I really care about is the camera update that was supposed to be included in the update. And yes I realize they can update it from the play store now.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

David Schuster weighed in a couple of days ago to my post.

3a7upa2a.jpg

Sent from my XT1080M (Droid Maxx) using Tapatalk 4 Pro

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I hope the update fixes the extremely poor data connectivity since the KK update. I'm getting tired of getting kicked off the network constantly.

Posted via Android Central App

Codger1212

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I know this sounds crazy but, could we be getting the 4.4.3 update? Obviously the Nexus devices are getting it first but who knows?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon