Motorola Assist Not Reading Text Messages While Driving

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
So, I've set up my assist to read out my text messages while I'm driving, but it's not doing it. Not sure why...is there a trick to it?

Also, just got the Maxx...sure do miss the car docking mode that my Razr Maxx had.

Thanks,
Chief

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
hmmm...ok. Well, I was using Hangouts for my texting. I stopped and I will see if it will work by using the default app.

AustinAggie

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
So, I've set up my assist to read out my text messages while I'm driving, but it's not doing it. Not sure why...is there a trick to it?

Also, just got the Maxx...sure do miss the car docking mode that my Razr Maxx had.

Thanks,
Chief

No trick I know of, mine just worked... CarHome Ultra is a good and customizable car dock app if you are looking for a good replacement. In addition to large icon shortcuts to whatever apps you want and multiple home screens it can trigger some actions on dock and undock (turn bluetooth on or off, wifi on or off, set brightness to a certain level, etc). Pretty handy..

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
assist has been wishy washy lately. the driving icon pops up EVERY time (which is good) but it doesnt always read my texts. nothing has changed, all settings are properly configured. its just moody and doesnt always like talking to me (maybe its her time of month?)

MidwestTeacher

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi Chief, I know you posted awhile ago, but recently I started having the same problem you've described. When driving and a text arrives, there is no sound when I prompt for reading. I haven't tested it yet, but after some digging, I discovered an optional audio setting in Assist. To try it, open Assist. Then, touch the three dots in the upper corner and open Settings. Under Talk to Me, click Audio Troubleshooting. Then choose Alternate Audio Channel. I'll test it after work, but I hope the change solves the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech