Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SMS notification sound

I know this fits better in the wallpapers, ringtones, and themes forum, but that doesn't seem to be getting much action and since I have a maxx I thought I'd ask here.

I'm looking for a SIMPLE but loud SMS notification tone. I don't want silly music, spoken words, or sound effects, just something simple and loud. I'm not a big fan of the simpler ones that come with the phone.

I've tried about 6 different apps in the play store and they all seem to only have the silly ones.

Any other suggestions?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: SMS notification sound

Really the best way is to install and use zedge. If you can't find an appropriate sound there I don't think you will. Literally millions of choices.

Steve

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    353 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigRed4 View Post
    I know this fits better in the wallpapers, ringtones, and themes forum, but that doesn't seem to be getting much action and since I have a maxx I thought I'd ask here.

I'm looking for a SIMPLE but loud SMS notification tone. I don't want silly music, spoken words, or sound effects, just something simple and loud. I'm not a big fan of the simpler ones that come with the phone.

I've tried about 6 different apps in the play store and they all seem to only have the silly ones.

Any other suggestions?

In Zedge, look for the "Car Lock"...that's what I use.

I had a Droid Eris and that had a great tone called Ascend; it's what I use.

Here's a link on my Dropbxox... : https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1ddoz14hpqahh8/vzwAscend.mp3
    kfosull likes this.

Global Posts
    1,831 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Nice sound. I'll try it for awhile. The one I've been using a "one ding" via Zedge. Similar to the Apple 2 dings, but shorter with just one.

Zedge is the best. Practically infinite # of sounds that you can search for easily. Tons of categories and very user friendly.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks to those who suggested zedge. Great, easy to use app that follows android design standards and, best of all, has TONS of tones and wallpapers.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Slightly different, but the title was perfect.

Can you help me set up "breakthrough" SMS ringtones, or approach that outcome. That is, for specific senders, establish a custom/unique sound when they text me. And let them "break through" a silenced phone sitting on my nightstand.

Why? I'm an EMT, and I receive notice of rescue calls two ways: The radio/minitor equipment blares at 3:30am and shatters the quiet; AND I get the same notification via SMS from dispatch.
    I prefer to turn off my radio overnight, and ALL other noises from my phone, EXCEPT that sender's (dispatch) SMS txt message.

Hence the term "Breakthrough" -- breakthrough the silenced phone, with an appropriate sound to tell me to roll out of bed and head to the station.
    If I'm planning to respond as EMT, I'd like not to alert the whole house, and I can manage the volume and sound better on the phone than on the radio.

Droid Maxx. I use stock SMS app, as well as Mighty-Text. Stock People contacts app, synced to my Google contacts. Zedge installed.

I'm fine doing a few steps each evening to quiet everything and enable or allow just those key notices.
    Thank you.

I'm pretty sure that the free profile management app Llama allows you to set "noisy" contacts when you have the phone set to silent. If not Llama, Tasker definitely can do that, though you'll have to look at other people's settings - Tasker is nearly impossible to learn. There is also a mini-Tasker app called Condi (it actually was once called Mini-Tasker, I think) which also might be able to manage that.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.kebab.Llama
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kix.minitasker

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Thanks - I'll give them a try. Much appreciated!