My phone keeps resetting itself constantly, any ideas?

mozzarella72

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
So yesterday my phone decided to reboot itself every 3 minutes, out of nowhere. It has continued into today. When I use it for more than 3 consecutive minutes it seems to do it more often. I'm running 4.4 kitkat unrooted, no custom roms or anything. I have been running 4.4 fine for about a month. I'm really confused as to why this started. I did a factory reset, but it's still happening.

Any ideas? Did my phone just die?

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Have you cleared the cache of the Maxx yet? Try going into fastboot mode and clear the cache. Or perform a factory data reset. If it randomly restarts after that, then it sounds like you might have a defective device.

Sent from my XT1080M (Droid Maxx) using Tapatalk 4 Pro

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Have you cleared the cache of the Maxx yet? Try going into fastboot mode and clear the cache. Or perform a factory data reset. If it randomly restarts after that, then it sounds like you might have a defective device.

mozzarella72

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site

yes cleared the cache, that didn't work, so i did a factory reset, that didn't work either

for what it's worth it seems to happen less often when I have it charging

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Try changing the runtime... If you have it as Dalvik, switch to ART... Or vice versa. Its under development options.

mozzarella72

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I
Try booting into Safe Mode, which disables all 3rd party apps. If the problem persists, then it's an issue with your system software or hardware, and it's time to ask for a replacement. If the problem goes away, there's some app that you installed or updated that is causing problems. It's just hard to pinpoint which one.

Safe Mode - DROID Mini / DROID Ultra / DROID Maxx by Motorola

I booted into safe mode, and it even says safe mode in the bottom left corner but all my 3rd party apps are still there and work...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That shouldn't be happening. Probably time to talk to Verizon and/or Motorola about a replacement.

mozzarella72

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
That shouldn't be happening. Probably time to talk to Verizon and/or Motorola about a replacement.

Also, just recently my video recording is producing unbearable static in the background. This happens when I'm recording with any app (camera/snapchat/etc). Man I don't know what happened with this phone it was working fine last week, and nothing happened to it since

silverback

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Also, just recently my video recording is producing unbearable static in the background. This happens when I'm recording with any app (camera/snapchat/etc). Man I don't know what happened with this phone it was working fine last week, and nothing happened to it since

Electronic devices have a "burn in" period. Basically that means that solid state devices usually fail very quickly or after a very very long time. The problem is that "quickly" in electronic terms now days may be 20,000 cycles. So, it sounds like you may have gotten a device that didn't pass the "burn in" period on one of its components. It happens. That's why we have warranty.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar