Podcast apps?

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I tried BeyondPod a while ago when I was looking to start using my phone as a podcast player and I just didn't like it as much. I know that it does audio podcasts (that's all that I do.) What I meant was that Chromecast support is not all that important if you are only interested in audio podcasts, particularly if you are listening on earphones. And PocketCast syncing between iOS and Android versions means that I can start listening to a podcast on the phone and then pick up the playlist where I left off (at the exact moment that I left off in an episode) if I want to listen on my iPad, and then go back again. Or, like I said - after a factory reset Pocket Casts picked up right where I left off with both of my playlists when I reinstalled the app and resynced, including where I was in each episode. If BeyondPod also does that, forgive me for impying that it does not.

Pocketcasts does cost a little less.

If BeyondPod works for you, that's great. The OP hasn't really said exactly what he is looking for in a podcatcher/player. I'll agree with you about this - BeyondPod is better if you watch video podcasts and want to do so on a Chromecast, at least for now.

Again, BeyondPod does more than Chromecast for vids. It's a great audio podcast as well as it does have a TON of other features, especially for backup and restore. Again, it uses RSS and XML based on iTunes. And I know the OP didn't specifically state what he/she wanted in the podcast player, but solely on features, I can't find anything better than BeyondPod.

pir8gold

Jun 29, 2017
Visit site
Metapod might be 99 cents but there are no ads, in app purchases or analytic. Configurable and simple to use - It does what it's supposed to, has a responsive dev and does get updated often

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch