Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By drwtsn32
  • 1 Post By vegasdroid
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Podcast apps?

I might be in the wrong forum here. Can anyone recommend a great Podcast app for Android? Back when I had an iPhone, there were several really good ones, but now that I'm on Android I need a few recommendations.

Thanks!

Default Re: Podcast apps?

iPP podcast player is what I use everyday

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    4,238 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

“Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thank you!

I use and love beyond pod. It is pretty powerful and flexible so it may have a steeper learning curve compared to others.

Thanked by:
    mrsmumbles likes this.

Pocket cast

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX
    Thanked by:

Yes, Pocketcasts. If you ever go back to iOS it will sync everything back to the Pocketcasts app on iOS as well.

Another vote for beyond pod, and you can cast it if you have a chromecast.

Beyondpod, is in fact the best podcast app you can ever have.

It is very powerful, and has all the podcasts you could ever think of.

Sent from my DROID MAXX!!!!
    Last edited by vegasdroid; 02-18-2014 at 10:31 AM.
    mrsmumbles likes this.

I agree on Beyondpod for both audio and video podcasts.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,719 Global Posts

Pocket Casts.

Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I use OneCast. But I am not a big user of podcasts.

Posted from my XT1080M
    Current Personal Devices: Droid MAXX XT1080M; Sero 7 Pro, Moto G LTE (1st Gen)
    Previous Personal Devices:
    Compaq HPC / Palm IIIc / Moto Bag Phone / Moto Flip Phone / StarTAC 7860 / StarTAC 7868 / v60s / GZ1 Type V / GZ1 Boulder / Thunderbolt
    Current Work Device: iPhone6
    Previous Work Devices:
    Moto "Lingo" L3000 iDEN / R750 / i355 / i580 + BB 8703 / BB 8830 / BB8330 / i576 + BB 9650 Storm /iPhone 4

I agree on Beyond Pod. You can use the lite version indefinitely for free too.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Pocket Casts if you have multiple devices to sync listening position across.

Beyondpod a good second choice.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

+1 for Pocketcasts! It rocks.

+1 stitcher
    Nexus 5 Black 16gb

Previous : Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100 : Android 4.4.2 - Cyanogen 11 Nightlies

ROM
    Kang/CM10

Beyondpod is the only app right now with chromecast capabilities in terms of pod casts if I'm not mistaken.... Which would make it the clear #1 IMO.

Sent from my XT1080M (Droid Maxx) using Tapatalk 4 Pro
    Motorola Droid Maxx

Samsung Galaxy Nexus - RIP
    CM10 Jellybro Jelly Bean

Asus Nexus 7
    AOKP JB Milestone 1
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by SeigaGen View Post
    Beyondpod is the only app right now with chromecast capabilities in terms of pod casts if I'm not mistaken.... Which would make it the clear #1 IMO.
    If you only listen to audio podcasts, that seems like a nice to have rather than a need to have. Syncing with Pocketcasts is great - I was able to easily survive a factory reset and everything was ready to go when I reentered my password.

ROM
    Kang/CM10

Quote Originally Posted by doogald View Post
    If you only listen to audio podcasts, that seems like a nice to have rather than a need to have. Syncing with Pocketcasts is great - I was able to easily survive a factory reset and everything was ready to go when I reentered my password.
    You can sync with BeyondCast. It uses RSS capabilities and XML that is used with iTunes to update. It can also sync across all devices with the DVR features. And its more than audio podcasts, you can do video podcasts as well. Did you research BeyondCast before posting? I watched AAA on my chromecast from last week's video episode without any issues.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eyondpod&hl=en
    Motorola Droid Maxx

CM10 Jellybro Jelly Bean

Asus Nexus 7
    AOKP JB Milestone 1

Quote Originally Posted by SeigaGen View Post
    You can sync with BeyondCast. It uses RSS capabilities and XML that is used with iTunes to update. It can also sync across all devices with the DVR features. And its more than audio podcasts, you can do video podcasts as well. Did you research BeyondCast before posting? I watched AAA on my chromecast from last week's video episode without any issues.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eyondpod&hl=en
    I tried BeyondPod a while ago when I was looking to start using my phone as a podcast player and I just didn't like it as much. I know that it does audio podcasts (that's all that I do.) What I meant was that Chromecast support is not all that important if you are only interested in audio podcasts, particularly if you are listening on earphones. And PocketCast syncing between iOS and Android versions means that I can start listening to a podcast on the phone and then pick up the playlist where I left off (at the exact moment that I left off in an episode) if I want to listen on my iPad, and then go back again. Or, like I said - after a factory reset Pocket Casts picked up right where I left off with both of my playlists when I reinstalled the app and resynced, including where I was in each episode. If BeyondPod also does that, forgive me for impying that it does not.

Pocketcasts does cost a little less.

If BeyondPod works for you, that's great. The OP hasn't really said exactly what he is looking for in a podcatcher/player. I'll agree with you about this - BeyondPod is better if you watch video podcasts and want to do so on a Chromecast, at least for now.

ROM
    Kang/CM10

Quote Originally Posted by doogald View Post
    I tried BeyondPod a while ago when I was looking to start using my phone as a podcast player and I just didn't like it as much. I know that it does audio podcasts (that's all that I do.) What I meant was that Chromecast support is not all that important if you are only interested in audio podcasts, particularly if you are listening on earphones. And PocketCast syncing between iOS and Android versions means that I can start listening to a podcast on the phone and then pick up the playlist where I left off (at the exact moment that I left off in an episode) if I want to listen on my iPad, and then go back again. Or, like I said - after a factory reset Pocket Casts picked up right where I left off with both of my playlists when I reinstalled the app and resynced, including where I was in each episode. If BeyondPod also does that, forgive me for impying that it does not.

Pocketcasts does cost a little less.

If BeyondPod works for you, that's great. The OP hasn't really said exactly what he is looking for in a podcatcher/player. I'll agree with you about this - BeyondPod is better if you watch video podcasts and want to do so on a Chromecast, at least for now.
    Again, BeyondPod does more than Chromecast for vids. It's a great audio podcast as well as it does have a TON of other features, especially for backup and restore. Again, it uses RSS and XML based on iTunes. And I know the OP didn't specifically state what he/she wanted in the podcast player, but solely on features, I can't find anything better than BeyondPod.
    Motorola Droid Maxx

CM10 Jellybro Jelly Bean

Asus Nexus 7
    AOKP JB Milestone 1
    Thanked by: