Ringtone and notifications

MadMike71

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey people sorry if this is in the wrong spot new to the android and this forum!!
i have a question i am sure you can help me with. Can a contact have a different ringtone and notification sound? if so how do i set that up? as of right now i can only see where to set the ringtone for a contact not the notification.. any help would be appreciated..

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey people sorry if this is in the wrong spot new to the android and this forum!!
i have a question i am sure you can help me with. Can a contact have a different ringtone and notification sound? if so how do i set that up? as of right now i can only see where to set the ringtone for a contact not the notification.. any help would be appreciated..

Welcome to the forums. The procedure may vary depending on the device. What do you have?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
wow that was stupid!! i guess that would help to know what i have.. sorry!! anyway i have the Droid Maxx

OK so if it is like vanilla android, select your contact and click the 3 dot menu at the top. That should have set ringtone as an option.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

AustinAggie

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
For texting I'd recommend Textra - great app overall and it can set a notification tone per contact (along with other per contact customization like colors, etc.). I think Handcent and ChompSMS are the other popular third-party texting apps.