Droid MAXX: broken glass, can it be fixed?

thbrewst

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
First time ever...dropped my phone and broke the glass. Technically screen seems to still work other than the Home, Back, and Multi buttons at the bottom. Can this be repaired or am I in for a new phone?

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: broken glass, can it be fixed?

I would hit YouTube and look around for some videos on it if your the do it your self type. Otherwise you maybe in for a warranty/insurance claim thru store or carrier for a refurbished or new phone.

thbrewst

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Thanks. How do I know if the bottom buttons are not working because of the glass breakage versus they are actually damaged?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

If they aren't working its probably a damaged digitizer. I have no clue on the MAXX if the digitizer is separate or build onto/one piece with the glass.

thbrewst

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Just updating for anyone that may be searching this subject later. I chose to go the route of fixing rather than buying new. Local place (Lifeline I think) did the work. While it was crazy expensive because the phone is new and parts still pricey, the work was done well and the phone seems as good as new. In the end it was still half the price of buying a new one off contract.

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I just did this repair on a damaged Maxx. I fix lots of phones and this was relatively easy compared to others. The glass sits atop of the LCD and digitizer. The soft keys ie home and back keys are controlled by a connector on the glass. The glass replacement runs about 40 bucks. Throw some heat to glass and with some time and patience it will come up piece by piece. Hope this helps.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12