Random Beep / Media Pause/Resume

drose0

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Last week my phone began to randomly beep on my Maxx (stock 4.4). It is the sound that it makes when you do a voice command. It does this at random and sometimes it'll do it a few times in a 5 second period, sometimes it is more spaced out. Also in that time frame I noticed that at random when I'm listening to audio whether via audio cable or Bluetooth, my media apps will randomly pause and resume. This isn't isolated to one app, I've had Play Music and IHeartRadio do it.

I think this is related to the latest Google Search update. I uninstalled the update and things didn't notice any issue, but after I updated again I started experiencing it again.

Luckily I usually keep my phone on silent so I don't notice it often, but it is still a pain. Has anyone else seen this?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
No, but try this: go into the app Google Settings. Tap Search & Now, then Voice, and then turn off "Hotword detection".

See if that helps. (This is the feature that listens for the phrase "OK Google" in the search app. We already have touchless controls looking for "OK Google Now", so it's redundant on the Maxx.)

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
On a similar note...I'm tired of hearing the BONG when it thinks I'm talking to it, I hit the back button to cancel out and BONG. Would love to turn that off. Anyone else bugged by this and find a way? It happens even in silent mode, which is what is esp. aggravating.

drose0

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
So this hasn't happened in a while... and I *think* (I'm not bored enough to actually try to reproduce this) that it was a conflict with Quick Social and Google Search. I had Quick Social set to allow me to send an update from the status bar and suspecting it was causing an issue I removed it. I haven't had the problem happen since. Not sure if Quick Social just doesn't like Google Search or didn't like that update... or if I'm just completely wrong on my assumption, but at least it isn't going crazy anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol