Active Notifications turning on screen with missed call

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Recently, whenever I get a missed call and pull my phone out of my pocket, without hitting the power button, the screen turns on instead of showing me through Active Notifications that I've missed a call.

This seems to have started with the kit kat update but I haven't seen anybody else reporting it.

I'm positive by the way that I'm not pressing the power button by mistake, in case anyone thought about posting that as a possibility.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Just to ask the question, are you using the stock launcher or a third party launcher?

How soon after the call are you pulling the phone from your pocket?

I have been having an issue with some app holding my display on. I haven't figured out which one yet, but it's not just phone calls. I'll suddenly see the display just not shut off on its own. When I tap the multitasking button and swipe away every app the problem disappears. I haven't been patient enough to try them one at a time to see if I ca figure out which on it is.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm on stock. The time I pick up my phone varies. It's been as much as 10 min though and it still happens.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
That no screen turn off happened to me again today. I finally downloaded the app system panel, which I used to use on my older, pre 4.0 phones to see what was running, and used the "stop all" to shut everything down. (Swiping away all of the apps did nothing this time.)

My phone display times out again now. I hate using task managers, and I'm not using system panel to shut everything down on a schedule, but at least this works.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
That no screen turn off happened to me again today. I finally downloaded the app system panel, which I used to use on my older, pre 4.0 phones to see what was running, and used the "stop all" to shut everything down. (Swiping away all of the apps did nothing this time.)

My phone display times out again now. I hate using task managers, and I'm not using system panel to shut everything down on a schedule, but at least this works.

Thanks! This is not something that seems to be affecting my battery much at all, so I do not feel the need yet to go that route.

It seems relegated to when I have a missed call only and my screen on time does not seem to be inordinately high, but thank you for the option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781