Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid MAXX: Case suggestions?

OK, apparently I am getting clumsy in my old age. Just blew part of my work tech budget replacing my screen and don't want to do it again. I REALLY like the phone without a case so I am wondering what case folks might recommend that 1) will actually protect it if I drop it again, 2) is not overly obtrusive to the size of the phone in your hand/pocket.

Thanks for your opinions.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-01-2014 at 12:55 AM.

Default Re: Case suggestions?

Incipio, Diztronic, or bumpers at the VZW store.

Incipio Dualpro
    Unobtanium likes this.

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Codger1212 View Post
    Incipio Dualpro
    I second this one. I am using the DualPro. Not as bulky as the Otterbox Defender, but fairly protective.

Posted via Android Central App
    Current Personal Devices: Droid MAXX XT1080M; Sero 7 Pro, Moto G LTE (1st Gen)
    Previous Personal Devices:
    Compaq HPC / Palm IIIc / Moto Bag Phone / Moto Flip Phone / StarTAC 7860 / StarTAC 7868 / v60s / GZ1 Type V / GZ1 Boulder / Thunderbolt
    Current Work Device: iPhone4
    Previous Work Devices:
    Moto "Lingo" L3000 iDEN / R750 / i355 / i580 + BB 8703 / BB 8830 / BB8330 / i576 + BB 9650 Storm
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    950 Global Posts

The Verizon bumpers are my favorite. They protect the corners and have just enough raised edge to protect the screen.

Otterbox commuter is nice and fits well inside your pocket.

Posted via my DROID MAXX
    Rooted and flashed: HTC EVO 4, Motorola Photon 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, Nexus 7, DROID MAXX, Sony Xperia Z2 (tablet), and LG G3 (Verizon)

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

I second the Otterbox commuter.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

While it's not the popular choice, I went with the Verizon Shell/Holster combo. I don't use the holster, but I like the case. But what really sold me was the fact that it has a kickstand built in. And Amazon has it for $12 vs. the $30 that Verizon sells it for.

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by fuddster View Post
    While it's not the popular choice, I went with the Verizon Shell/Holster combo. I don't use the holster, but I like the case. But what really sold me was the fact that it has a kickstand built in. And Amazon has it for $12 vs. the $30 that Verizon sells it for.
    I used this case when I first got the phone. I agree with fuddster, but also need to point out it has no corner impact protection.

Default Re: Droid MAXX: Case suggestions?

I have the Verizon holster/shell. Two reasons: I prefer a holster most of the time, and I really like the little stand. But when working at home in my sweats, I tend to slip it out of the case - really like the Kevlar feel.

Posted via Android Central App with my Droid MAXX

Incipio feather...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Emperor likes this.

I got a beyond cell with kickstand $20 from amazon (forget about the screen protector, it has labels on it that don't peel off cleanly) that seems to provide good protection but honestly, I'm bummed that seideo does not make a case for this phone. I've used the seideo cases for the last two phones and honestly it's got such an elegant feel that it makes other cases feel clumsy and/or cheap by comparison.

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I just ordered a Trident Case for mine. I will post a mini-review and pictures after I get it.

Posted from my XT1080M
    Current Personal Devices: Droid MAXX XT1080M; Sero 7 Pro, Moto G LTE (1st Gen)
    Previous Personal Devices:
    Compaq HPC / Palm IIIc / Moto Bag Phone / Moto Flip Phone / StarTAC 7860 / StarTAC 7868 / v60s / GZ1 Type V / GZ1 Boulder / Thunderbolt
    Current Work Device: iPhone4
    Previous Work Devices:
    Moto "Lingo" L3000 iDEN / R750 / i355 / i580 + BB 8703 / BB 8830 / BB8330 / i576 + BB 9650 Storm

i have the incipio feather as well.

what screen protector do you have on?
    MOTOROLA DROID MAXX (Verizon Wireless)

I have had the Verizon bumper on mine for 2 months. My biggest dislike is it makes the keys very hard to press. I rarely drop my phone and would really like to go without, but don't want to enough to pay my deductible if I were to break it.

I had used the Tudia Ultra Slim for a little over a month. Was good, but didn't add too much protection. I may try it again for a little while now that I have had the bumper on for a couple of months.

Good luck with the hunt!

Cheers!
    Thanked by:

I also have the Verizon shell/holster combo. I'm very happy with it. The belt clip could be a little better, but I like how snugly the pieces fit and as a result I feel the phone is well protected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth Rosen View Post
    I got a beyond cell with kickstand $20 from amazon (forget about the screen protector, it has labels on it that don't peel off cleanly) that seems to provide good protection but honestly, I'm bummed that seideo does not make a case for this phone. I've used the seideo cases for the last two phones and honestly it's got such an elegant feel that it makes other cases feel clumsy and/or cheap by comparison.
    I'll second that. I wrote them and got a reply saying they had no plans to make a case for this phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by motorcycle_monkey View Post
    I have had the Verizon bumper on mine for 2 months. My biggest dislike is it makes the keys very hard to press. I rarely drop my phone and would really like to go without, but don't want to enough to pay my deductible if I were to break it.

I had used the Tudia Ultra Slim for a little over a month. Was good, but didn't add too much protection. I may try it again for a little while now that I have had the bumper on for a couple of months.

Good luck with the hunt!

Cheers!
    I'm using the Tudia Ultra Slim on my Note 3 and its basically a better version of the Diztronic in my opinion. A textured back that feels better in hand but instead of Matte sides it's glossy so there's added grip. Definitely more protection than say an Incepio Feather but also not heavy duty like an Otterbox.

Its a shame Spigen doesn't make cases such as the Neo Hybrid for the Droid and I have yet to see a true Tempered Glass screen protector.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts

Absolutely love my two cases . . .

1) For everyday minimal coverage . . . Amazon.com: TUDIA Ultra Slim Melody Series TPU Protective Case for Motorola Droid Maxx (Late 2013) XT1080M (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

2) For when I need more protection . . . Amazon.com: Trident Case CY-DRMAXX-BLU Cyclops Series Case for Motorola Droid Maxx - Carrying Case - Retail Packaging - Blue: Cell Phones & Accessories

Both of these look & feel great (imo) . . For my taste/needs I highly recommend them (but of course ymmv)

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Its a shame Spigen doesn't make cases such as the Neo Hybrid for the Droid and I have yet to see a true Tempered Glass screen protector.

Yes, I agree . . mildly frustrated that there are no tempered glass screen protectors. Actually I'm a tad bit disappointed in the overall (lack of) accessories available for this fine device in general; but I guess I have two cases I like and a tylt charger so I'm not sure what else I feel I need.

Hello, is there a case that's very slim with good protection and can be put on a car mount?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by yumms101 View Post
    Hello, is there a case that's very slim with good protection and can be put on a car mount?

Thanks.
    A universal car mount, yes. An OEM car mount, which I'm unsure if ones made, no. Slim cases will provide some protection but nothing top tier such as an Otterbox. I recommend a Tudia as it's form fitting and has a front lip to protect the phone just a bit.

Does the Reveal cover all the edges? I've never liked the Feather because it leaves the top and bottom wide open. Whats the point in a case then?

Global Posts
    10,061 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF 3.0 Sense

The iOttie car mounts work well. The one touch model is my favorite the xl is good if you have a case. Just check the measurements.

$20 plus it is universal.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast