Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android Phones dial tone.

So I am and have always been an android fan. I have owned 4 android phones and they all have one thing in common. The dial tone during calls always sounds like it has a cold. It fades in and out. My wifes iphones/blackberry have never done this. The actual call quality/signal is fine. Why does android seem to have this problem?

Default Re: Android Phones dial tone.

Hmm, I think I actually understand what you're talking about. It's never bothered me, but I have noticed it too. I have no idea why that happens. Maybe it has something to do with power savings modes. If you think about it, this same effect applies to any sudden, brief noise during a call.

I don't know for sure, but perhaps it has something to do with more aggressively compressing the audio compared with other platforms - a more aggressive lossy codec.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

No big deal as long as the calls are clear. Just one of those nit-picky things that has always bothered me.