Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dale Sexton
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Mass texting on the Droid MAXX - HELP!!!!

This is frustrating as all get out. I've "upgraded" to a smart phone and it can't do what my flip phone could do.

I need to be able to select the groups I create on "My Verizon" web page and then create a text and then send it!!

I've been to the Verizon store, no joy.

I've chatted with the Verizon folks, no joy.

I don't need the "group SMS" thing, I just need to be able to send a text to a group I've already created!

Does anyone know an app that takes care of this? Thanks!
    Assassin Droid

Global Posts
    7,555 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Mass texting on the Droid MAXX - HELP!!!!

You'll probably have to export the contact lists into gmail or another contact management app and then just about any of the apps will do that. People specialize to Textra and a couple of others to have them go as SMS instead of MMS, but if you don't care about that part, then it's just a matter of getting the contacts out of the My Verizon web page and into something useful that the apps can read.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    You'll probably have to export the contact lists into gmail or another contact management app and then just about any of the apps will do that. People specialize to Textra and a couple of others to have them go as SMS instead of MMS, but if you don't care about that part, then it's just a matter of getting the contacts out of the My Verizon web page and into something useful that the apps can read.
    OK. Thanks.

I've actually thought of adding the carrier extension and emailing a text to everyone. I.E. xxxxxxxxxx@vtext.com (Verizon)

Hard to believe this phone can't use the groups my old flip phone could.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

FYI, I just tried the "Group SMS Texter" app and it's working fine.
    Assassin Droid likes this.

Sounds like you got a solution worked out, but just thought I'd offer another (people always like options) What I've done is great G+ circles for people (family, Fantasy Football, etc) and then use Hangouts to send them group messages. Not sure if it will work for you, but that's how I get a message out to the masses