Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid MAXX: griffin car mount

reading the reviews about the car mount for the maxx it wasn't good..........has any body recently bought one did they improve it sinse 2013 ?
    i'm still thinking of getting one just to have something that will hold the maxx.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-12-2014 at 06:36 PM.

Default Re: griffin car mount

Yeah, take your Maxx, test-fit the generics. They can only be better.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts

I've got one and it works just fine.

Thanks,
    Chief

The Griffin mount works better than some of the reviews you see. It is not the quality of the older Motorola mounts for the Droid x's.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Default Re: Droid MAXX: griffin car mount

I got the griffin at Verizon 40.00 but I registered on Isis so I only paid $3.44 for it.your right I don't see what all the fuss is I will take it apart to see where the wires run so I can drill holes for the camera,the neck could have a larger arch so the phone would tilt more flat and with a case on phone I will trim down the rubber on the cradle.

Quote Originally Posted by qonic View Post
    I don't see what all the fuss is
    I had two issues with it - the included USB connector would not charge the phone with a case on (I'd have preferred just leaving an opening for my own cable if I wanted ti charge) and the suction mount released a couple of times when I was using it. I've switched to something more generic (I've also ordered a wireless charging dock from Indiegogo, which should be here next week.) Assist driving mode and touchless controls make a special car dock mode rather unnecessary, at least for me.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I had an old droid x car mount that I grinded down the ball so it will fit the small griffin socket now I can fully tilt the phone down.

I picked up a Scosche universal mount and it works great.

Scosche Mobile Windshield and Vent Mount Kit: GPS & Navigation : Walmart.com
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

UPDATE!!
    After the success with the mount switching I got it on my dash while driving the phone moves because of the arm being a lot longer so I guess I'll grind the ball down on my bionic
    Car mount and it shouldn't shake while Driving and still able to tilt the phone down more.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Way better now with the bionic mount base on the griffin and trimmed some of the rubber so the phone with the cover on it goes on smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Sacks View Post
    The Griffin mount works better than some of the reviews you see. It is not the quality of the older Motorola mounts for the Droid x's.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    Agreed. It works ok, just doesn't feel that great/solid from a quality perspective. It does not work with a case which isn't great but I can live with, I don't use a case most of the time.