Phone won't stay in vibrate or silent mode

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I can't get my phone to stay quiet. I'll put it in vibrate or silent mode and it will take itself out of it shortly after. I'm stock, non-rooted. It sucks if I'm going somewhere where I NEED to be quiet but don't want to turn my phone off.

Ideas?

Einsteindks

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps notifications and alerts have different settings? In what menu are you putting it in vibrate or silent mode?

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I tried doing it several ways. I tried it from a control widget and then also uninstalled that and tried to just by holding the volume down button. The vibrate or silent icon will show up in the menu bar and then shortly after will just disappear and the phone will start making noise again. Occasionally it will work for a little bit of time and then stop working.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

SwtTea_36

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I believe it had something to do with responding to texts/answering calls that makes the phone take itself out of silent/vibrate.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Mine fixed itself somehow. I checked all the apps I had running and it was still doing it even after I stopped everyone that I thought could be affecting it. I debated whether it had anything to do with a podcast app I installed.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

BBowman1

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
i have the same issue and cant find a solution....seems to happen when I receive a call, it then turns off vibrate and goes to ring,,,,any suggestions????

Hgouck

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
If you have done a hard start (press and hold Vol down & Power for 15 seconds and the phone restarts) and that has not fixed it look for a 3rd party app that could be causing your issue. Since non of us no what you have installed it is hard to tell you which one.Go to Settings,Apps, and look at running apps. it could be an audio app or a tasker or possibly a scheduler that may be making the phone revert back to a non silent/vibrate mode.

kkhanmd

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Start your phone in safe mode to see if it still do it. To start phone in safe mode, hit the power button and then press and hold power off

Posted via the Android Central App

hch274

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
My phone keeps doing the same thing and it's completely insane. I'm in class or other places. I thought maybe it was an app I had on my phone but I've uninstalled everything and it still did the same thing. This phone has plenty of glitches...