Not good for the Droid Maxx?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Another way to look at it is all things that conduct electricity puts out radiation. Your whole house emits radiation in this way. I know cell phones emit more due to the radios as well, but for me this isn't something that I am overly concerned about.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Looks like this phone has the highest radiation output. I'm not versed enough to know how bad this is. I can only guess.

Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) for Cellular Telephones | FCC.gov

Any cell phone at or below these SAR levels (that is, any phone legally sold in the U.S.) is a "safe" phone, as measured by these standards. The FCC limit for public exposure from cellular telephones is an SAR level of 1.6 watts per kilogram (1.6 W/kg).

Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) For Cell Phones: What It Means For You | FCC.gov

There is considerable confusion and misunderstanding about the meaning of the maximum reported Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) values for cell phones (and other wireless devices)...

... Many people mistakenly assume that using a cell phone with a lower reported SAR value necessarily decreases a user’s exposure to RF emissions, or is somehow “safer” than using a cell phone with a high SAR value...

...The FCC requires that cell phone manufacturers conduct their SAR testing to include the most severe, worst-case (and highest power) operating conditions for all the frequency bands used in the USA for that cell phone. [...] FCC approval means that the device will never exceed the maximum levels of consumer RF exposure permitted by federal guidelines, but it does not indicate the amount of RF exposure consumers experience during normal use of the device.

Busted51

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
So in theory, Its at maxx SAR rating when using both antenna, the bluetooth is on and the wifi is pulling data also.. I think were safe

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone actually hold it to their much anymore anyway? Seems kind of moot with speakerphones and headsets and the fact that they're not even phones for us most of the time.

silverback

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Wow. 1.6 watts per kilogram. Just be sure not to turn on any 100 watt light bulbs in any rooms with children. Oh, and don't stand in front of cars with their headlights on. And all night time sporting events are out too. Let's not talk about solar radiation!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

jrabin

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Seriously . . . does anyone know how this compares to the radiation generated by a typical wi-fi router? I have a relative who works for a cell phone company who will turn on his wi-fi router only for short periods so that his children don't receive too much radiation. Is wi-fi a major source radiation, compared to a cell phone?

silverback

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Seriously . . . does anyone know how this compares to the radiation generated by a typical wi-fi router? I have a relative who works for a cell phone company who will turn on his wi-fi router only for short periods so that his children don't receive too much radiation. Is wi-fi a major source radiation, compared to a cell phone?

Seriously. You get more radiation heating up a cup of coffee in the microwave. No one seems to scoff at getting an MRI, and one of those will dose you with more radiation than having a cell phone next to your head from birth to end of life would.

But who knows, maybe chicken little is on to something. The sky will fall on us. The world may actually be flat and politicians might actually have our best interest at heart. If all that's true, then scientists getting paid by government agencies are probably releasing reliable information.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk