Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Default Droid MAXX Stuck at Boot

I lost my previous phone and bought a clean used one, Droid MAXX. Came nice and working, 4.2.2, OTA 12.15.15.

I first used RockMyMoto (ADB, telnet) to root successfully. Then immediately proceeded to TitaniumBackup to batch-restore about 40-50 apps with data. Seemed to finish successfully on surface (didn't run all). Rebooted to settle all changes and -- bam, a problem! The phone gets stuck at the animated boot logo (red eye).

I forced to shut it down by holding the Power key, then tried to boot into Recovery -- reboots with no prompts and gets stuck at the same point again. After many attempts gave up and agreed to do a hard reset, chose Factory in boot menu -- again reboots with no prompts and gets stuck again.

I am desperate to get back to a workable phone and ok with starting over. Is it possible to get back to what I received -- un-rooted, factory reset device? Having spent all day with this, I am at a verge of buying another phone again... Cannot believe that this phone became useless. Thank you very, very much for your help!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Default Re: Droid MAXX Stuck at Boot

Problem solved with House of Moto: House of Moto [2.0] (For Now) - SamuriHL's House Of Moto - DroidRzr.com. Did a full restore to 12.15.15. Will root again but will be doing an incremental restoration of apps, as I'm afraid something didn't work well in the batch process.

Might I suggest getting an unlocked boot loader so you don't need to worry about issues like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mustang02 View Post
    Might I suggest getting an unlocked boot loader so you don't need to worry about issues like this.
    This is an untouched ground for me yet... Maybe will research and try one day.

Quote Originally Posted by zorz View Post
    This is an untouched ground for me yet... Maybe will research and try one day.
    I'd try sooner than later. Door can shut any day.