Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts

Default Droid MAXX: Something is turning my data off at night....hmmmm.

So, something is turning my data off at night and I can't figure out what it is. Any suggestions on where to look? I can't figure it out. LOL

Default Re: Something is turning my data off at night....hmmmm.

Is moto assist kicking it off?
    Actually that's not it. Look at battery saver or data usage. I remember seeing something that turned mine off before.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts

No, I disable Assist.

I don't think Assist will disable Data. About the only thing that I can think of that would do that would be the battery saver. Just to clarify, you say something is turning the data off at night...How did you determine this? Are you looking at the phone and seeing the data being shut off or is this noticed in the morning and if so how do you know it was shut off during the night. I am just trying to gather as much information to try and figure out what might be causing it.
    Droid Maxx

US Navy CPO Ret
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by perkdog65 View Post
    I don't think Assist will disable Data. About the only thing that I can think of that would do that would be the battery saver. Just to clarify, you say something is turning the data off at night...How did you determine this? Are you looking at the phone and seeing the data being shut off or is this noticed in the morning and if so how do you know it was shut off during the night. I am just trying to gather as much information to try and figure out what might be causing it.
    When I wake up in the morning, the data is off. I have unlimited data, so I never turn it off. This doesn't happen every night...it was still on when I woke up this morning, but the last couple of mornings it was on. Weird.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

I know part of the battery saver tech is at night it toggles the data pulling. So it checks less frequently when not plugged in at night. That said if you are plugged in you shouldn't notice it, and it doesn't do any of that by physically changing a setting on the phone. When was the last time you rebooted? I am always on WIFI at night too.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts

I usually reboot once a day. Hmmm...I'll keep playing around with it.

Global Posts
    1,960 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rob View Post
    I usually reboot once a day. Hmmm...I'll keep playing around with it.
    Why do you reboot? I'm at day 71 since my last reboot, no problems.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts

Default Re: Droid MAXX: Something is turning my data off at night....hmmmm.

It's just something I like to do...it gives it a fresh start. Sometimes I forget to do it. :-)

Thanks,
    Chief

I remember having a program to reboot my blackberry every night but since my switch to android never.

Last reboot for me was due to the unlock bootloader.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob61 View Post
    Why do you reboot? I'm at day 71 since my last reboot, no problems.
    As for me, I've gone at most 31 days. At some point my phone will "forget" that I have a trusted bluetooth device connected and insist that I enter my PIN every time I unlock it. Once that happens, it never fixes itself without a restart.

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mustang02 View Post
    I remember having a program to reboot my blackberry every night but since my switch to android never.
    The classic Blackberry OS had a partition of the flash memory which was dedicated to application binaries and data, which had security features in the memory hardware to control modifications. This was part of what made Blackberries so secure. Unfortunately, this memory partition was notoriously small, and reboots were often necessary to reclaim memory leaks from applications.

I am a former Blackberry user, who really was tired of apps not being available on my platform (yes, Android apps will run on the new Blackberry OS, but there are issues like access to Google services).. Also, the new Blackberry OS removed a lot of the classic Blackberry features that I liked, like a centralized e-mail service that would poll your various e-mail servers and push updates to the phone. And compress the data link.