Droid MAXX: Screen time out while in use (4.4)
Since I got 4.4, sometimes the screen will dim while I am touching the screen. It has also "timed out" while interacting with an application. I have cleared cache and keep apps updated. Any known 4.4 bugs or apps that do such a thing?
Also, My phone has locked up twice since 4.4 went on it and I had to force shutdowns using power and vol down key.
- 03-26-2014, 04:14 PM #2
- 03-26-2014, 06:18 PM #3
Re: Screen time out while in use (4.4)
Two things: the dimmed screen I still see every once in a while - I think that there is an issue with auto-brightness and the light sensor. The display turning off while you are using it may be due to the proximity sensor, which is in the upper left of the front, to the left of the earpiece. If you hover your hand above that too long it detects it as putting in a pocket and turns off the display.
If the phone is locking up, though, and you haven't done a factory data reset since the KitKat update, I'd suggest that maybe that's the next step. Back up your photos and videos that you have stored on the phone, maybe install the app SMS Backup and Restore if you want to save text messages, and do a factory reset and reinstall apps from scratch.
- 03-27-2014, 02:53 PM #4
- 03-28-2014, 04:46 PM #5
- 38 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Re: Droid MAXX: Screen time out while in use (4.4)
This drives me crazy! Something about the way I hold the phone makes the proximity sensor kick in, and my phone locks, right while I am using it. It does it all the time! I wish there was some way to tell it not to do that. It probably happens to me 20 or 30 times a day.
- 03-28-2014, 05:11 PM #6
- 03-29-2014, 01:41 AM #7
- By Pat Murray1 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 21Last Post: 03-31-2015, 01:38 PM
- By Floridadomer in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 03-26-2014, 10:45 PM
- By ahawkua in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 03-26-2014, 08:10 PM
- By niioko in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 3Last Post: 03-26-2014, 05:22 PM
- By nalab1 in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 0Last Post: 03-26-2014, 01:10 PM